How to immitate the wizard function of combobox and listbox (1 Viewer)

moi

Local time
Today, 14:40
Hello all,

For some reason i lost the wizard function of my Access..

How to immitate the function of creating a combobox/listbox.. The function that what i selected in the combo/listbox will store in a form control..

As a newbie i can only create a functionality with the help of the wizard. Pls can someone help me.

Thank you.

GaP42

Local time
Today, 16:40
Is the Wizard enabled: Pressed?
1710377469618.png

GaP42

Local time
Today, 16:40
Are you adding the control on a subform/subreport? (while inside the main form) using the Control Wizard. That does not work.
Instead you should open the subform in another window and add the control there. That way the Control Wizard will pop up.
If it is not a subform / subreport issue then try reviewing this:
What to do if the Control Wizards Don't Start in Microsoft Access (youtube.com)

Reactions: moi

moi

Local time

Aashvi78

Local time
Today, 12:10
Hello everyone:cautious:;)
To simulate the wizard functionality of a combo box or list box, one can develop a sequential interface that directs users through a sequence of choices or actions. This may include dynamically altering options based on previous selections, offering informative cues, and guaranteeing a smooth advancement toward the intended result. Such a characteristic improves user experience by transforming intricate procedures into easily manageable steps.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 07:40
To simulate the wizard functionality of a combo box or list box, one can develop a sequential interface that directs users through a sequence of choices or actions. This may include dynamically altering options based on previous selections, offering informative cues, and guaranteeing a smooth advancement toward the intended result. Such a characteristic improves user experience by transforming intricate procedures into easily manageable steps.
ChatGPT ?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:40
one can develop a sequential interface that directs users through a sequence of choices or actions

If the OP is not experienced enough to not use the wizard, I doubt writing an equivalent routine is currently within their capabilities😊

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 02:40
I am also pretty sure the OP meant "Initiate" the wizard not "imitate" the wizard. I think they just want it to start working again, not to recreate it.

moi

Local time
Sorry i am not following you..

moi

Local time
I am also pretty sure the OP meant "Initiate" the wizard not "imitate" the wizard. I think they just want it to start working again, not to recreate it.
Yes.. and sorry if my post mislead you all.. What i am asking is to get the wizard work again..

moi

Local time
If the OP is not experienced enough to not use the wizard, I doubt writing an equivalent routine is currently within their capabilities😊
Yes as i said in the very begining, im a new to ms access.. Thank you guys for guiding me through..

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:40
Sorry i am not following you..

Specifically with regard to Aashvi78's response that confused you, it is the consensus of several senior members that the response was the result of asking a question of some Artificial Intelligence engine. We cannot tell which one from the information available to us.

It has been our experience that AI responses are generally (a) too diffuse (too broad-brush) to be directly useful and (b) sometimes not technically correct. Therefore, I would advise that you NOT attempt to follow that particular response anywhere. AND this is a case where you never have to say you're sorry.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:40
@Aashvi78 Welcome to AWF. We are always happy to have new members contribute but please don't use AI to generate answers unless YOU know the answer and can verify that what you get back is not just a hash that the OP would have no way of implementing. Also, as @MajP pointed out the question most likely included a typo (wrong word) which changed the meaning of the question. A human would recognize that as you can see by the first two responses which actually solved the problem, but AI would not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom