how to insert new rows to a table in ms access (1 Viewer)

mana

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:14
hello

i have a two tables in ms access: "checkpoints" and "checks_projects"
i have a form and there is a date text box in it. i added data to checks_projects table form checkpoints where the creation_date field of the checkpoints is less than this textbox.
but after sometime some new data will be added to the checkpoints tableand i want to add this new daat those are less than this text box date to the check project table. but i don't how to do this
can you help me please?
i wrozte the below code but it doesn't work
thank you

DoCmd.RunSQL ("insert into checks_projects(Creation date) select Creation date from CheckPoints left join checks_projects on CheckPoints.projectname=checks_projects.projectname where checks_projects.projectname=text0.value and checks_projects.Creation date is null;")

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:14
DoCmd.RunSQL ("insert into checks_projects([Creation date]) select [Creation date] from CheckPoints left join checks_projects on CheckPoints.projectname=checks_projects.projectname where checks_projects.projectname= '" & text0.value & "' and IsNull(checks_projects.[Creation date]);"

mana

Registered User.
Local time
thank you for your answer

but it has syntax error in this part:

where checks_projects.projectname= '" & Text0.Value & "' and IsNull(checks_projects.[Creation date];")

arnelgp

Local time
sorry about that:
DoCmd.RunSQL "insert into checks_projects([Creation date]) select [Creation date] from CheckPoints left join checks_projects on CheckPoints.projectname=checks_projects.projectname where checks_projects.projectname= '" & text0.value & "' and IsNull(checks_projects.[Creation date]);"

mana

Registered User.
Local time
thank you
i made it correct
but still i have the same problem

mana

Registered User.
Local time
it has this error this time:

"the specified field creation date could refer to more than one table listed in from clause of your sql statement"

can you help me please?

mana

Registered User.
Local time
hello

i changed it to this code but i have compile error
can you help me please?

DoCmd.RunSQL ("insert into checks_projects([Creation date]) select a.[Creation date] from (select [Creation date] from CheckPoints) as a left join checks_projects b on a.[Creation date]=b.[Creation date] where a.[Creation date]< Replace(Format(Me.Text5, "mm/dd/YYYY"), ".", "/") and b.projectname= '" & Me.Text0.Value & "' and IsNull(b.[Creation date]);")

arnelgp

Local time
DoCmd.RunSQL ("insert into checks_projects([Creation date]) select a.[Creation date] from (select [Creation date] from CheckPoints) as a left join checks_projects As b on a.[Creation date]=b.[Creation date] where a.[Creation date]<#" & CDate(Replace(Me.Text5, ".", "/")) & "# and b.projectname= '" & Me.Text0.Value & "' and IsNull(b.[Creation date]);")

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom