how to keep only the most current date record in Table (1 Viewer)

ttomw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:19
I have this table that records sales events for properties, with multiple sales records for some parcels. Each parcel has unique field: MapTaxlot. I want to create a select query or make table query that shows only the most recent sale event for each parcel. Instrument_Date is the date field for the sales records.

See attached example of the data table below.

What is the simplest method to accomplish this?
Thanks,

TableSnip.JPG

ttomw

Registered User.
Local time
Here is what I ended up with:
SELECT Max(Sales2Acre.Instrument_Date) AS MaxDate, Sales2Acre.MapTaxlot
FROM Sales2Acre
GROUP BY Sales2Acre.MapTaxlot;

SELECT Sales2Acre.*
FROM Sales2Acre INNER JOIN qryMaxDates
ON (Sales2Acre.MapTaxlot = qryMaxDates.MapTaxlot)
AND (Sales2Acre.Instrument_Date = qryMaxDates.MaxDate) ;

That method worked to eliminate all records older than the MaxDate but where there were multiple records for a given "Maptaxlot" with the same Maxdate they were all included.

Is there a way to eliminate all duplicate records for the same Maptaxlot and Maxdate as part of this process, or do I need to just go through the copy paste method of creating a new table to get unique Maptaxlot records?

Thanks!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Surprising a property could sell twice in one day. Given that, I'd probably have included the time. In any case, is there an ID field that can be included?

ttomw

Registered User.
Local time
Surprising a property could sell twice in one day. Given that, I'd probably have included the time. In any case, is there an ID field that can be included?

Yes I also don't understand how multiple transactions can occur for the same parcel on the same day but that is what the data is.

You mean a unique sales ID for each transaction? Unfortunately no.

ttomw

Registered User.
Local time
I could edit the Sales2Acre Table to add an autonumber field...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom