How to make series subform in the main form by (infinity)adding button? (1 Viewer)

userdevil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:04
This is what I would like to get.

If I use continuous form like this, all the value shows the same when entered.
I actually would like to show each section by clicking. Not showing all in once and it should able to fill data too.

Do you have any idea how to do it?

Thank you in advance

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. I think it's possible but may not be exactly what you might imagine.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 08:04
Can you restate the original question with a little more detail? I cannot understand what you are asking.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:04
I understand the +/- part and the attached database does exactly that.
Its not my work but I have no idea whose it was originally.
Hopefully the author will chip in

Like MajP, I would welcome info on the infinity part....
Perhaps its just a continuous form version of the attached?

Attachments

• Expand-Collapse System.zip
    62.8 KB · Views: 82

userdevil

Registered User.
Local time
Majp and isladogs Sorry for little details.

What I want to do are...

1. I want to set "main form" and "add button" for default and able to fill it.
2. If users want to add more forms, users should able to click at "add button" and show the same form and then add new record data
3. It should be unlimited forms.
4. Default form and new added forms should be in the same page.

Problem that I am facing now
1. Continuous forms: it can't hide second forms onward.
2 Continuous forms: when entered a new data in the first form, the rest also shows the same data. Even though it has 100 continuous forms but it can't enter new record data separately.

I hope these information could help you to see clear pictures

Thank you

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
First of all, did the sample I attached do what you wanted for the +/- part of your request?

The second part isn't really any clearer, at least to me.
Maybe I need some coffee!

A continuous form will show every record that satisfies whatever the record source is. You can use filters to reduce or expand the number of records shown

userdevil

Registered User.
Local time
First of all, did the sample I attached do what you wanted for the +/- part of your request?

- I got this part.

The second part isn't really any clearer, at least to me.
Maybe I need some coffee!

- Maybe I need vodka hahaaa. Ok let's me make a clear picture.
Imagine that you have one form which requires to enter family member's data for each family. So different family has different number of members. Some family has 5 , some has 4 ...

The default page shows only one form for one person so it's |family 1| = area.
This form also requires to fill "name/last name/address/whatever..." = width/lenght/xxx for the first person. and then second one needs to be added with the same form "name/last name/address/whatever..." AGAIN by clicking "+" sign until it covers the whole members.

Then second family members also needs the same.

A continuous form will show every record that satisfies whatever the record source is. You can use filters to reduce or expand the number of records shown

I want it to be "dataentry" not for showing the record.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Data entry only shows one record at a time

userdevil

Registered User.
Local time
Data entry only shows one record at a time

ok, then I could do a popup for filling up data and showing all data in main form with continuous form. Am I right?

Last edited by a moderator:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Correct.
Or you can switch the same form between data entry mode (e.g. Add New button) and view all mode

BTW - apologies - I originally added this reply to your post by mistake... that's why it says I edited it!

userdevil

Registered User.
Local time
you can switch the same form between data entry mode (e.g. Add New button) and view all mode

I would love to do it in the same form but when I put "add new button", it links to pop up. Can you guide me how to code it with the same form?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I would love to do it in the same form but when I put "add new button", it links to pop up. Can you guide me how to code it with the same form?

You can either click the small New button in Navigation button area at the bottom or add your own button
See attached modification to the example app I posted earlier

Attachments

• Expand-Collapse System_v2.zip
    34.6 KB · Views: 73

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:04
It's forum etiquette to inform readers of other postings. I will now abandon the other thread.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time

Imagine that you have one form which requires to enter family member's data for each family. So different family has different number of members. Some family has 5 , some has 4 ...

I did something similar for a customer a while back. Same situation, storing information about family structure. However differs slightly because some members of the family were ill and being cared for by other members of the family. The ones being cared for were called "Clients" and the ones caring for them are called "Carers" ...

The solution I used was to have a Tab control, and expose as many Tabs as necessary for the different number of family members depending on the family. So initially, before you knew how many members there were in the family you were presented with a tab with the facility to add family members in a list. Once added it would generate the tab and allow you to enter further information about each individual member. This system also served to easily display the information to anyone else that was using it.

I've attached a video of it working:-

Client Registration Form - Demo - Nifty Access

userdevil

Registered User.
Local time
isladogs , Thank you for sharing the code. I have tried your code (not success yet but I hope I could make it.)

According to the form, I have changed a little bit (hope it would more easier).
I set one main form and put button "add"/del/clear/bla bla
and then I take subform under it.
My question is how to insert data from main from to subform in term of form (not in the table). In my imagination is if I click "add" then subform will show up with filled data and I am able to add 'unlimited' subform.

Do you have any idea about this?

userdevil

Registered User.
Local time
I did something similar for a customer a while back. Same situation, storing information about family structure. However differs slightly because some members of the family were ill and being cared for by other members of the family. The ones being cared for were called "Clients" and the ones caring for them are called "Carers" ...

The solution I used was to have a Tab control, and expose as many Tabs as necessary for the different number of family members depending on the family. So initially, before you knew how many members there were in the family you were presented with a tab with the facility to add family members in a list. Once added it would generate the tab and allow you to enter further information about each individual member. This system also served to easily display the information to anyone else that was using it.

I've attached a video of it working:-

Thanks for sharing the video. Maybe this is also a good idea to solve this problem. I will get back asap when I try your method.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 08:04
Majp and isladogs Sorry for little details
Sorry the issue is on my end. For some reason on this computer the images in your first thread do not display. It is just blank. On my other computer they do. I believe it is a security profile. That is why I was so confused how people understand what you were even talking about. I thought they were psychic.

What this computer shows is only

This is what I would like to get.

If I use continuous form like this, all the value shows the same when entered.
I actually would like to show each section by clicking. Not showing all in once and it should able to fill data too.

Do you have any idea how to do it?

Thank you in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom