How to receive whatsapp message? (1 Viewer)

amorosik

Local time
Today, 15:33
If whatsapp web is active on pc Windows desktop, how to receive message via vba code?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:33
After a web search with several tries and several different phrases, I think the problem is that there is no API that works with VBA. Doesn't mean that such a thing doesn't exist, but I didn't find one. It is possible I'm not asking the right questions. Sending? Quite a few links to videos for that. Receiving? Found nothing except trouble-shooting for why your phone wasn't getting messages. But the answer was phone-centric, not related to VBA at all.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 06:33
You may well be able to webscrape it from internet explorer using vba, just depends on the setup of the web page.
I've never been able to be successful enough in vba I.E. webscraping to use it very widely, but on occasion, it works - depends on webpage source.

Investigate terms search like "vba read data from internet explorer"

Another creative idea is to see if Excel will download that active URL while it is open.
if excel downloads it in any intelligent layout, you can use vba to Refresh the Connection and look for new data in cells.

I did this once to keep tabs on new ads on Craigslist of a certain type, it was pretty cool and worked perfectly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom