How To Remove Candle Wax from A Mobile Phone (1 Viewer)

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:00
Um...there's a possibility that sex between a man and a woman is not heterosexual? That's news to me :confused:

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
Kraj said:
And why is that? It's heterosexual sex. What's the difference?

Depends on who wears the strap on?.....................think about it!... ;)

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
I'm guessing you're just being glib, but that is certainly still heterosexual sex.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
I really don't feel like explaining why that's inaccurate because it's completely beside the point. Instead I'll simply rephrase my original question.

In your case, your comfort level in sexual contact is based not only on gender but also on sexual orientation?

R

Rich

Kraj said:
In your case, your comfort level in sexual contact is based not only on gender but also on sexual orientation?

Of course it is, the same way I assume yours is

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
Yesterday, 20:00
Kraj said:
I really don't feel like explaining why that's inaccurate because it's completely beside the point. Instead I'll simply rephrase my original question.

Kraj, I'm going to impose a little semantic clarity on your statement and assume that you mean 'based on SEX' instead of 'gender' as gender is term used to describe psychological identification with any particular sex or any places in the middle, not the possession of said reproductive equipment.

~Chad

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Of course it is, the same way I assume yours is
And that, Rich, is why a person might label you as a homophobe.

At this point, I would not call you a homophobe as that is both an extreme label and one that has been so misused that it has practically lost all meaning. However, having a different comfort level with a person based soley on their sexual orientation and not their behavior towards you is a form of homophobia. Just as being uncomfortable around a black person for no other reason even though you don't treat them any different is still a form of racism. But it is still there and is still harmful, even if only slightly. It's up to you whether you're fine with that or whether you think it's something that needs to change.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
cheuschober said:
Kraj, I'm going to impose a little semantic clarity on your statement and assume that you mean 'based on SEX' instead of 'gender' as gender is term used to describe psychological identification with any particular sex or any places in the middle, not the possession of said reproductive equipment.

~Chad
But if you use the word "sex" then the first meaning a person will think of is the verb. So how do you reconcile that? Also, I thought the term for what you are describing is "gender identity", not simply "gender"?

R

Rich

Kraj said:
And that, Rich, is why a person might label you as a homophobe.

That person would be making the wrong assumption, I've met and known more gays than you in my lifetime, the fact that I'm heterosexual and do not want gay sex does not make me a homophobe.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
That person would be making the wrong assumption, I've met and known more gays than you in my lifetime, the fact that I'm heterosexual and do not want gay sex does not make me a homophobe.
Rich, the only reason I made my last post was because this discussion was almost constructive. Your post is the pinnacle of everything wrong with you, and why I will not post in this thread any more.

First I pointed out why a person might label you as a homophobe and then followed it up with why that would not be accurate, but also explaining the negative aspect of your point of view. The only response you could come up with was to say something I already said. Well done.

Then you make a grand assumption about me and who I know. Excatly who the fuck are you to say anything about who I've met? This just adds fuel to my long-held but never-expressed suspicion that you interpret every single thing I say under the assumption that I'm inexperienced, naive, and just haven't lived long enough to see things your way.

Finally, your last "point" is something you've said before and that I've agreed with and has nothing to do whatsoever with what I've been saying. But apparently you think this is something new. A professor of logic would have a stroke just from reading your posts. Goodbye. Have fun living out the rest of your days in your little fantasy world.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Yesterday, 19:00
Kraj said:
At this point, I would not call you a homophobe as that is both an extreme label and one that has been so misused that it has practically lost all meaning. However, having a different comfort level with a person based soley on their sexual orientation and not their behavior towards you is a form of homophobia. Just as being uncomfortable around a black person for no other reason even though you don't treat them any different is still a form of racism. But it is still there and is still harmful, even if only slightly. It's up to you whether you're fine with that or whether you think it's something that needs to change.

I thought the comfort level at issue here was with sexual contact, not just being around someone, so to me it is a different issue. Just because someone doesn't want to have sexual contact with someone who is gay or bisexual doesn't mean they have a problem being around those people in general, and it doesn't make them a homophobe, in my opinion.

As an aside, isn't it interesting how a discussion about how to get wax off of a mobile phone turns into a discussion about gay/straight sex? :confused:

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
Kraj said:
But if you use the word "sex" then the first meaning a person will think of is the verb. So how do you reconcile that? Also, I thought the term for what you are describing is "gender identity", not simply "gender"?

Ehh... it's a gray line. By the numbers gender is psychological, sex is physical.

That's why ISO5218 (gender) has proposed extensions to cover pre-op and post-op sex-changes as well as 2 hermaphritic types (naturally occurring and imposed).

If it was as simple as sex, there could only be the existing ISO5218 standard of Male,Female,Unknown,Unspecified as a pre-op would still have their original equipment.

~Chad

R

Rich

Kraj said:
First I pointed out why a person might label you as a homophobe and then followed it up with why that would not be accurate,QUOTE]

Wrong Kraj,

Kraj said:
However, having a different comfort level with a person based soley on their sexual orientation and not their behavior towards you is a form of homophobia.
I've never said I was uncomfortable in the company of gays, other than if they had eyes for me.

Kraj said:
Excatly who the fuck are you to say anything about who I've met?

I took a leaf out of your book, who the f... are you to tell me how I feel

Kraj said:
Just as being uncomfortable around a black person

I don't feel uncomfortable around coloured people and I've never said that I did

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
Er.....ahem...Do you think that if I leave my phone on charge or something that it may get hot and slowly melt the wax from the inside?

I think a few drops may have got inside the keypad area.

Just a thought!

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
I gonna keep quiet about treacle in the DVD if this is what happens when you get wax in the phone

L

Last edited:

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Groundrush said:
Er.....ahem...Do you think that if I leave my phone on charge or something that it may get hot and slowly melt the wax from the inside?

I think a few drops may have got inside the keypad area.

Just a thought!

I dare not read this entire thread so I don't know if anyone suggested this yet, but have you tried taking it into your local carrier to see if they can do something with it? Unfortunately, though they may charge you, but maybe not.

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks...

All is well, candles in the house are now banned.... ;)

dt01pqt

Certified
Local time
Guy's who wear salmon pink shirts or ties to work in the UK tend to be middle management and make a point of mentioning they have on a pink shirt, and hang out with other middle management who also wear pink shirts. So it is a bit cliché. When I was school there was a joke about wearing vivid lime green shirts to a party, and I had the brightest. The whole idea was to clash the most. It was a quirky trend. But I like to think I grown up. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom