How to round up field to 2 decimal places. (1 Viewer)

kez

Local time
Tomorrow, 08:36
Sorry if this has already been discussed on this forum, but I haven’t found it as yet. I am using Access 2013 and have 4 currency fields, the first 2 with amounts, the 3rd to calculate the tax owed on a calculation of these 2 fields and the 4th to calculate the total of the previous 3 fields. I have set all the fields to 2 Decimal places. This works fine on the database, but when I merge the fields to Word 2013 using the Legacy Tools Text Form Field the tax field doesn’t round up as shown on the Access form. For example fields one and two total to the amount of $1,068.18 and the tax field is set to calculate this amount at 10% which would total to $106.818, my form shows this amount using 2 decimal points as $108.82 (which is the amount that I want), however when I merge to Word it shows $106.81. I am using Number and $#,##0.00;($#,##0.00) as the format field on Word. Can anyone tell me how to get the form field to round up the tax total to 2 decimal points?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:36
word is truncating to 2 dp - for consistency I recommend you use the round function (particularly with currency) in your calculations rather than relying on format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom