How to show a value on a form which is different to the table (1 Viewer)

nealg

Local time
Today, 09:58
I am fairly new to access, as i have been asked to put one together for my work.

In my database I have a table and one form, on the form is text boxes and if needed a 'X' is put in there, how do I change this X to word or sentence in the selected field in the table. I don't how to this or where to start?????????

any help much appreicated

Neal

NNothard

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, I'm not entirely sure what you mean, do you want to link the form to your table? If so you need to select your form in design view and then on the property sheet set the record source as your table (data tab and then top box, you should be able to select from a list) Then for each text box that you create simply right click the box and select properties. In the data tab you can set the control source for that box to any field within your table. When the user enters any data into that text box the related field in the underlying table will store the data.

nealg

Local time
Hi

This sort of what I want. On the form is the text related to one of the fields in the table. when I put a word in the field on the table it will, show the word on the form, but on the form I want the word to show as something else ('X') but mean the samething and vice versa. When I put a 'X' on the form and the table it will show the word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom