how to turn off row selection (1 Viewer)

Wysy

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:23
Hi,
I am looking for advise on how to turn off the highlighting of the row selection.
thank you

Ranman256

Local time
Yesterday, 21:23
dont think that is possible.
but why remove it?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:23
can you clarify - are you talking about a table? Query? Datasheet form? Continuous form? Listbox?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 02:23
Are you talking about the row selectors on the left?
1686996575940.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:23
Access doesn't give you a way to control this because Access itself doesn't control it. You CAN do this but it would require you to affect the system color palette (for ALL all Windows tasks) to make the selection and non-selection colors the same. In other words, incredibly huge side effects. This is not recommended as it disrupts one of the basic abilities of Windows to visually identify an object of interest. It would not only affect the row representing one record, but would affect when you select an action from the ribbon and when you select a file from Windows Explorer and when you are trying to select an option from a right-click pop-up menu.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Context is everything so here's another suggestion - Lock all the controls and set allow tab stop to no. If no control can get the focus and you have hidden the record selector, that might achieve your request but - context!!! We have no idea what you are trying to accomplish by doing this.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Also, you've posted this in the Report section, have you considered opening the report in print preview? Nothing is selectable in that view.

Wysy

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry i was away for short.
I am talking about a report. Actually i am using the reports to summarize data for viewing only. However for optic reasons , i have put a command button for closing the report. Whenever i move the cursor around, records are selected in the form with a grey bracket. That is what i am trying to turn off.

Wysy

Registered User.
Local time
Also, i have another question: when i let the report to be opened in acDialog mode the opened window is resizable even tough such property is set to no, i.e. positioning the cursor at the border, it is possible to resize the window. Is it possible to turn this off too?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:23
Putting a command button on the report may in fact be the culprit for that transient selection behavior. Older versions of Access made reports that were totally passive. The trend these days to allow "interactive" reports is relatively new. However, there should still be the upper-right-corner X to close the report.

As to opening a report in Dialog mode, I think that is what introduces the idea/ability of window resizing. BUT the question is, when you resize the window, does the report also resize, or is it more like a picture being cropped? Specifically, which setting are you using to tell the window it cannot be resized?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom