Hyperlinks (1 Viewer)

ethan.geerdes

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:52
I have a question about hyperlinks. Is there a way that I can create one based off the value in a column on a table? So I have a column in my database, that has the file path to different documents on my network (the document path is for different entries on the table). I am creating a form that I would like to be able to "generate" the needed hyperlink or alternative method for this. I have googled a lot and I found that someone created an awesome little browser via a textbox and was able to inport documents via these buttons however, I don't want users to have to go on a hunt through the file systems for the document they need that goes with the entry (which is why I created a column for the file path). Sadly I couldn't get a definative answer on whether or not I can create a general hyperlink that will take you to that file path listed and have it be able to change based on the record. Is this possible with a hyperlink or should I got with a differnt method? If a different method is needed, How should I go about it?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:52
Look into Application.FollowHyperlink() You can make the path look like a hyperlink by changing its fore colour etc, and using the FollowHyperlink method to open the destination folder.

On the other hand, if you want a real hyperlink, enclose the path in octothorpes (#) and change the field type to Hyperlink.

ethan.geerdes

Registered User.
Local time
so, I can't seem to change the field to a hyperlink because I'm using Access 2003. I don't htink it is available. Either that or i'm retarded. There is a way though that I can set a hyperlink to a textbox

ethan.geerdes

Registered User.
Local time
my appologies, I can set a hyperlink to a label though. how would I auto populate the properties of that based on the input of a different field? Can you edit properties based on an input into a textbox?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom