I am hoping to... (1 Viewer)

IMCL

Local time
Today, 07:44
Hi Guys,

I have used this site for a long time, but never needed to ask a question before as I have managed to find the answer. Its been excellent, so well done....:)

Anyway, I am looking to do something a little more complicated than what I normally do -(basic to moderate user).

I want to setup a web page (with Access 2003 as the backend) with two separate forms. "Users" fill in a web form that writes data to a table. "Tech's" write on another web form that writes data to another table.

**These tables would have similar fields**

So far, pretty straight forward. However, when these "users" fill in their form, if they select a field or fields that have a corresponding tick or entry in the "Tech's" table, then ALL the "tech's" with those fields get an email sent to them automatically with the "Users" data.

eg.

"User" adds the following entry onto a table

clicks submit

"Techs"

Tech A has listed 1,6,8 on his record
Tech B has listed 1,4 on his record
Tech C has listed 6,8 on his record
Tech D has listed 2,9 on his record

Therefore,

Tech A would get an email with the "users" email address and data 1,6,8
Tech B would get an email with the "users" email address and data 1,4
Tech C would get an email with the "users" email address and data 6,8
Tech A would not get an email

This would be hosted on IIS6 with Exchange 2003 as the SMTP server. Any suggestions as to how I would go about it. I assume there would be some code under the "Users" submit button on their web form, but I am not sure of how to go about doing that.

Any advice given will be greatly appreciated.

IM

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
There's a fair bit on google about Access-Outlook integration. Try "Access Send Email" in google. Your tech table could have email addresses and whatnot in it, then (just off the top of my head) you can dlookup the email address into a variable and put that in your code.

IMCL

Local time
I confess that my VBA skills leave a lot to be desired, does anyone have anything even slightly similar as a example?

It would be received with great appreciation on my part.

Thanks

IM

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Hmm I'm not sure you can do it without using VBA... sorry

IMCL

Local time
I thought as much :-(

Maybe the question is - does anyone have anything similar in VBA that I could sit with (plus book) and see if I could get it working. The particular areas would be :

Passing SMTP direct to Exchange without using outlook (?? not sure if poss)

Using Dlookup to filter out data from one table by using another

Again, any help given would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

IM

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom