I don't know if the problem is in the Query or Report. It doesn't look right. (1 Viewer)

SomeGuy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:35
Here's the situation:
I have a database for company projects. There are 3 type of people that work on the project. Project Head, Employees associated with the project, and individuals from outside the company that help. We can call them ProjHead, OnsiteHelp, RemoteHelp.

At any given time, there is 1 ProjHead but a varying number of OnsiteHelp and/or RemoteHelp.

When I run a Query showing the Project name and the people associated with the project, it does the following:
for eg. if there is 1 ProjHead, 1 OnsiteHelp, and 6 RemoteHelp for a project, the Query writes the same ProjHead, OnsiteHelp, and Project Name in 6 rows and writes each individual RemoteHelp only once with each of the 6 rows.

I understand how to interpret this myself but when it comes time to run a report, it wants to write it the same way. I don't want this.

What I need it to do is:
Show the ProjHead's Name, the Project Name, and the OnsiteHelp and RemoteHelp's name (I don't want it printing the ProjHead's, Project Name and OnsiteHelp's name 6 times!)

How can I correct this? Am I running the Query or the Report incorrectly?

Fornatian

Dim Person
Local time
Today, 12:35
What you need to do is rebuild your report and group the data to create a cascading report which shows something like this:

ProjHead
OnsiteHelp,
RemoteHelp
RemoteHelp
RemoteHelp

(Next Proj Head)
ProjHead
OnsiteHelp,
RemoteHelp
RemoteHelp
RemoteHelp

Look at grouping data in your help file, or let the wizard do the work(if it gives you the right options).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom