I need to autofill multiple rows from one subform to a second subgroup (1 Viewer)

ngsabath93

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:53
Hi,
So I have a master form, with multiple subforms on different tabs within the master form. This form is not used to look up data, just to only enter data in. In one of the tabs, I have a subform in the form of a data table where the person filling it in can put multiple locations of one dealership. In the next tab, I want these loctions to autofill into the next subform on the second tab in the data sheet. If I were to go with the solution of using an unbound textbox on the parent/master form to refernece the first subform and then have the second subform reference the textbox, how would I go about doing this? Just with the expression builder and conrol source? Am I able to autofill multiple rows of data from one subform to the other for one recond? Thanks!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:53
Copy from one sub to another.

Your sub forms are showing you a set of records from a table(s).

Therefore the setup of the subform will use criteria to restrict the record displayed.

Use the same criteria in VBA code to pass this set of records into a recordset and then iterate through the recordset. Each iteration will call an insert function to place each record into the other table. (The table that displays information in the other subform).

ngsabath93

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:53
Thank you very much! However, I do not have ANY experience with the VBA coding. IS there a way to do this without using that? Such as just using referencing with the expression builder? Thanks!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
>>>I have a subform in the form of a data table where the person filling it in can put multiple locations of one dealership<<<

First create a query to show only this data.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
What is the other sub form's record source?

Post that as well please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom