I think I need to pay for some Access help.... (1 Viewer)

Martin Snails

Local time
Today, 20:46
Hi. I have a database I've used (to accession my hobby collection) for 15 years. The guy who built the database has disappeared (he is totally unfindable, possibly dead). After 15 years, there are a number of improvements I want to make but they are beyond my skill level. Can anyone suggest (or be) a person whom I can tell more details and potentially engage to help me with this? I have written out my list of changes needed and could send it offline for any of you to peruse, see if it was something you wanted to take on?
What do you think so far? Is this the way I can use this forum or must I be trying to become an access expert myself, first? But I am too busy and too old to master Access at this stage I believe!
Is there a way for other users to reply to me privately?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:46
There are a number of professional developers on this site (including myself), and I'm sure someone here will be available to assist you.
Looking at your local time stamp I'm guessing you are not in Europe.

From a convenience perspective, I would go with someone who is in (at least) a similar time zone, although in the modern world not so important.

You can use PM (Private Message) to communicate directly with someone on here. If you hover over a user name there is the option to start a conversation:
1692355589911.png

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 09:46
There are a number of professional developers on this site (including myself), and I'm sure someone here will be available to assist you.
Looking at your local time stamp I'm guessing you are not in Europe.

From a convenience perspective, I would go with someone who is in (at least) a similar time zone, although in the modern world not so important.

You can use PM (Private Message) to communicate directly with someone on here. If you hover over a user name there is the option to start a conversation:
View attachment 109501
He is a Kiwi, Minty.

Martin Snails

Local time
Thanks for the reply Minty. Yes I am in New Zealand. And, yes, there would be advantages in being in similar time zones but I am prepared to be here, (at my computer), by prior arrangement, at any time really.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:46
Always cracks me up when someone is a day ahead of me.

tommorrow.jpg

@Martin Snails could you look up tonight's Mega Million numbers for me please

MsAccessNL

Local time
Today, 10:46
I am not in your timezone (Amsterdam Netherlands) but i am currently working on this fishing contest database for somebody from New Zealand. I am available if you want me to have a look at your db.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:46
But I am too busy and too old to master Access at this stage I believe!

You are NEVER too old. It is up to each of our members as to if/how they wish to respond. Eventually we would hope that you learn a bit more so that you can do self-maintenance. However, we take on all comers. Having said that, I happen to not do private contracting any more. I am on a personal schedule that makes me not so reliable with regard to promptness of response. Mostly health and family issues plus a dollop of sleeping late just because I can.

LarryE

Local time
Today, 01:46
I just turned 74 and am retired consultant from Seattle now living the good life in Palm Springs CA. I have the time, the tools and (more than likely), the talent. I recently completed a project for a company in Capetown, South Africa, so I don't think where you are or where I am is a problem in this day of "advanced" technology. We simply passed the file back and forth using my cloud One Drive account. I developed and tested, he then downloaded and tested again until we had it right. Not a problem. I have done this kind of thing since 1999, so if you would like me to help, I would be more than happy. Just let me know. Even at my advanced age, I still learn new stuff every day. And the best thing is...it's no charge!😁

Martin Snails

Local time
I am not in your timezone (Amsterdam Netherlands) but i am currently working on this fishing contest database for somebody from New Zealand. I am available if you want me to have a look at your db.
Thank you for that offer. I have a contact already from, apparently, an esteemed contributor here, and I will await his initial response to my questions before I bother anyone else with them. But I shall note your offer and I am grateful for it! I may be in touch in due course. Best regards, Martin in New Zealand.

Martin Snails

Local time
I just turned 74 and am retired consultant from Seattle now living the good life in Palm Springs CA. I have the time, the tools and (more than likely), the talent. I recently completed a project for a company in Capetown, South Africa, so I don't think where you are or where I am is a problem in this day of "advanced" technology. We simply passed the file back and forth using my cloud One Drive account. I developed and tested, he then downloaded and tested again until we had it right. Not a problem. I have done this kind of thing since 1999, so if you would like me to help, I would be more than happy. Just let me know. Even at my advanced age, I still learn new stuff every day. And the best thing is...it's no charge!😁
Brilliant response there Larry, love it. And thank you. (And I agree about time zone irrelevance, I wish I had thought of it earlier as I have wasted 5 years trying to find help within New Zealand!! Suddenly now, as of yesterday, I have helpers and friends all over the world!) I have contact already from, apparently, an esteemed contributor here, and I will await his initial response to my questions before I bother anyone else with them. But I shall note your offer and I am grateful for it! I may be in touch in due course. I've just had a look at the Wikipedia entry for Palm Springs. As a cactus and succulent nursery owner the last 41 years I had an idea Palm Springs might be full of them. Interesting place!! My first contact is a Bob from England, a place I love. What great contacts, I can't believe my good fortune right now! If you want to email directly I am at snailsmw@gmail.com. Best regards, Martin, 71 year old nurseryman and shellcollector, in New Zealand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom