Import date format "MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss" from CSV (1 Viewer)

Ligaya

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:10
Hello,

I tried to import a csv file that I will be receiving on a regular basis to add to a table in ACCESS.

One field has date/time that has the format "5/26/2008 00:00:00" in the .csv file.

Unfortunately, when I import the CSV file, this field that has the date/time format does not properly import and I get type conversion errors.

Can someone please tell me why this is and what am I not doing right?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ligaya

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:10
In your import specification you can enter the date format in one of the fields...
MDY is the one you want it is probably set to something different.

the time following the date shouldnt be a problem...

Ligaya

Registered User.
Local time
Impot date format "MM/DD/YY hh:mm:ss" from CSV

To The Mailman,

Hello there, sir.

I have already tried previously what you have just suggested without much luck. What I neglected to mentions is that the date time(for a start time) has AM or PM after the time, for example: 5/26/2008 7:30:15 AM.

When I tried to import to a table, the Start Column is blank and I got the type conversion errors.

I have been working on this import task for a couple of days now without much luck.

Regards,
Ligaya

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:10
Odd, I have never bumped into this problem... But access doesnt seem fond of the AM part...

It is getting stranger.. You can convert it using CDate function.
Is it a solution for you to import the date/time field as a Text temporaraly and convert it later using CDate?

Ligaya

Registered User.
Local time
Import date format "MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss from CSV

Hello!

Changing the format of the date/time to text worked. Thank you.

Regards,
Ligaya

Michael Leidel

Local time
Today, 08:10
To import a DateTime field from a CSV file you can use the following formatting:
"m-d-yy"
"mm-dd-yy"
"mm-dd-yyyy"
Enclose the date in quotes like a string. If there is no date value for a record don't put anything between the commas,,.

mawish42

Local time
Today, 06:10
Hello,

I tried to import a csv file that I will be receiving on a regular basis to add to a table in ACCESS.

One field has date/time that has the format "5/26/2008 00:00:00" in the .csv file.

Unfortunately, when I import the CSV file, this field that has the date/time format does not properly import and I get type conversion errors.

Can someone please tell me why this is and what am I not doing right?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ligaya

I am trying upload file in Access table from drive R:\ and the Excel file has the date format "REPRINT_REQUEST_UPLOAD_10-31-2012 12:30PM" it change every day

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom