Question Import from Text File data duplication (1 Viewer)

MayoRR5

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:57
Hi guys, (Using MS Office 2007)

I have a delimited text file (see attached) (delimiter is semi-colon) and want to create a linked table in a db. This was working without fault until yesterday afternoon.

When I link the table now, it duplicates the data horizontally so instead of having 12 columns, it looks like (in Access only, the actual text file does not show this) my first column holds entire contents and each column hereafter is as it should be.

I've tested linking the text file to an excel sheet and it works perfectly. I then tested the excel file by linking it to s db and this also works perfectly, but I need to link directly to the text file, as the excel sheet doesn't update automatically if there any changes, which there will be continuously.

Plus there's no point in building 2 bridges when I only need 1.

I will point out that updates are not the problem, as it hasn't updated in a couple of months, so if anyone has any idea I will greatly appreciate it.

I have also attached a screenshot of the linked table when I am linking to a db.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Shaun

Attachments

• MATERIAL-CONTROL.txt
    10 KB · Views: 183
  • Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 53

marlan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:57
Hi,
It seem to me that the quotation mark you have in field 1 causes the trouble. When importing, try clicking on the 'Advanced' button, and removing the 'Text Identifier'.​

MayoRR5

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:57
YES YES YES!!!!!

It's always something simple haha!!

Thanks alot Marlan!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom