Import Objects runtime 2007 (1 Viewer)

gg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:01
I am using A2007 in W7. With an accdb file I use the vba command DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdImportAttachAccess to import an object from another access2007 file. Afer clicking, I go through the pop-up dialog boxes and finallly get a a list of objects in the other Access file. When I convert the program to runtime, accdr, the object list displays, but with no list of objects. Is it possible to import access objects into a runtime application?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 16:01
I don't believe you can because that constitutes a design change and the runtime version can't do design changes.

gg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:01
I don't believe you can because that constitutes a design change and the runtime version can't do design changes.
First-sorry that I posted this twice, but thought that I was just editing the first one. As you say, it is a design change, so makes sense that I can't add a table. Is there some command that will allow me to upload/append data (any kind, csv, access, excel) into an existing table, in runtime?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 16:01
Look into the

DoCmd.TransferText (for .txt, .csv etc.)

or

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet (for Excel files)

You can run a delete query to delete data (if necessary) and then create an append query to append the data. I usually will import to a transitional table and then use an append query to append those fields/records that I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom