Importing from Excel Problem (1 Viewer)

Sander

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:51
I'm not quite sure what's going on. Right now I'm trying to manually import an excel spreadsheet (File -> Get External Data) to make sure everything is running right before I put it into a macro. Well, if I tell it which table to dump the data into all it does is give me an error message saying there was an error and that it won't import. If I let Access create it's own table during the import process it imports fine. I thought maybe there was something wrong with one of my fields in my table so I copied the whole structure of the table Access created to create a new table and tried to use that one import the information into. It still won't import the information. Any ideas? :confused:

Thanks,
Sandra

sportsguy

Finance wiz, Access hack
Local time
Today, 11:51
make sure that there aren't any blank cells in the excel sheet that are importing into a non text field. the blank, MT, cells are treated as zero length text, and can't import/append into a number field.

if you want to get around the problem, attach the table through code
as a link to a named range, if one exists, and then append the data to the table, using NulltoZero() function or NZ() function to eliminate the loading errors.

sportsguy

Sander

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:51
That's it. There are blank fields in the spreadsheet. I never thought of that. Thank You, that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom