Importing xml to .mdb - Help! (1 Viewer)

ForcedToUseIt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:16
Hi, I want to automatically import an .xml file into a table that i have in my .mdb. Is this possible and if so, how do I do it?
If you could point me in the right direction that would also be great.

Thanx in advance...

Last edited:

ecniv

Access Developer
Local time
Today, 08:16
A person in another forum is doing something like this. He was using Ado and opening a source in that to the xml file and using then sort of like nodes and sub levels properties. Not sure myself.

The alternative is to create a text parser that reads through the file and deciphers it as applicable. You'd still need the doc source though to know what type of data to expect...

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:16
This is very easy as a one time manual import. You can import it using file/get external data/import. A wizard lets you choose whether to import into new tables or append to existing tables. If the XML contains data from multiple tables, then multiple tables will be created or appended to.

When you export a table to XML the wizard lets you choose related tables to include provided you have defined relationships.

I don't see any obvious way to automate this but I'll look into it when I have time. Please post back if you come up with a solution.

ForcedToUseIt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:16
I want to import the document from code only so the user will not have to be involved in the process. Other than just pressing a button to import the data.

I will post the solution when i'm done. But I'm swamped at the moment so it will take some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom