Index (duplicate values (1 Viewer)

VWilson39

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:36
I have been working with this database for about 6 months. I set the Index on the primary key to a value of Yes(no dupicates) I use SSN# as identifer. This has work fine. I could not enter the same SSN# without an error. My computer was hit with a power surge and the power supply was replaced. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem. But now I can not get this function to work. I can type in duplicate values (same ssn) and the Yes (No duplicates) is set. Is there something that I am doing wrong. Thanks for any help you can offer.

bdp

Registered User.
Local time
make sure the the Primary Key is still the primary key. Sometimes when errors occur within the database, the primary key will be removed - I've had this happen a few times. Take a look at your table in design view to ensure the key next to the SSN field is still there.

VWilson39

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks! But the Primary key is set. For some reason the (Yes, No duplicates) is not working. Is there something else that could be wrong? Thanks for any help you can provide

bdp

Registered User.
Local time
If it is not the primary key (even though the Yes (No Duplicates) is set you can still enter duplicates if it is not the primary key) I really don't know for sure what it could be. I have had problems in the past with strange occurances of this type. Try copying the table (with data) or creating a new table and importing the data to see if that works.

VWilson39

Registered User.
Local time
I will try that. I checked again, the primary key was set for SSNs and the index was set for Yes, no duplicates on SSNs and I still can type in duplicates. Last week, I could not do this. It must be glich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom