Input Mask/Default Value (1 Viewer)

asulliva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:51
I'm using MS Access 2003.

I have a date field and I'd like to add an input mask and a default value to it.

My "input mask wizard" errors out when I try to open it. Could someone please post the text I'd next to put into the input mask field to produce and input mask of "DD/MM/YY"?

Also, I'd like "DD/MM/YY" as the default value in these fields. When I put "DD/MM/YY" in the default value field in the cell properties, it doesn't actually load into the cells in the form. What am I doing wrong? Do I need the quotation marks around it? Is there something else I need to do in order for it to show up? The cells are blank even though there is clearly something in the default value field.

I'm sort of an Access Newb.

Singh400

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:51
Change the Control Source to:

Code:
=Format([your_field_name],"dd/mm/yy")

PS, I hope this field in question isn't called/named Date. That is a bad idea. Call it something else DateOfBooking or DateOfAppt etc etc. Date is a reserved word in Access, and it may through a wobbler later on down the line.

asulliva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:51
I should start by saying I inherited this horrible problem ridden database.

Anyhow the control source field already had a value in it which, when changed to your formatting line produced "#NAME?" in the fields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom