Input mask for a barcode scanner (1 Viewer)

Gkirkup

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:39
I create barcodes on various forms, and I want to be able to use a barcode scanner to read the barcodes without the need to press 'Enter' after the scan. The barcodes are 6 alphanumeric digits.
I have tried using an input mask, like AAAAAA (requires a letter or number), but it just sits there after the scan waiting for an 'Enter' press. Is there a way for the input mask to know how many letters or numbers are needed, then move to the next field?

Robert

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In my experience barcode scanners can be set to send a Tab or Enter after the scan. I use the after update event of the textbox to handle the scan, never used an input mask on that textbox. I'd check your scanner documentation or search on the model.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:39
Under Properties - Other Tab for the Textbox...set the AutoTab Property to Yes.

When the last character permitted by the Textbox Control's Input Mask is entered...Focus will move to the next Control in the Form's Tab Order.

Linq ;0)>

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:39
Will AutoTab work with scanned input? Or only with typed input?

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:39
It's always been my understanding that input via scanner is treated the same as input via the keyboard...and I'm pretty sure that I seen this used successfully in that manner...but have no scanner to check it with.

Linq ;0)>

Gkirkup

Registered User.
Local time
Missinglinq: Yes, that worked perfectly. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom