Input to Form's RTF field: cursor disappears - on screen display does not "hold" to show cursor on bottom line of text (1 Viewer)

EdK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:57
Problem: The RTF field shows on screen at about 3/4 the vertical screen height. When the amount of text input to the field so far, exceeds the fields physical vertical display dimension, the cursor and new line goes out of sight, downwards. So then I can't see what is being input and cannot identify any typing errors. I can use the handlers to move the fields text on screen upwards, but the minute I begin typing, the body of text inside the RTF field moves down again and so the problem repeats. This is not good practice.

What I would like: I would like the viewed body of text in the RTF field to move up to a position where the cursor (and whatever line it is in) stays visible as the bottom line of text, to enable meaningful typing input to continue.

What I've tried: I tried an event procedure "on double click" for the RTF field to then open a separate (full screen) size input form, to save to the same record & field in the database. The problem was lessened (because the screen area for that field was larger), but again once the amount of input to that new input form reached "maximum on screen space" size, the above basic problem persists (of course). Also, there's a problem sometimes with "locked record cannot be saved - Fix or delete" (or words to that effect). Does not address whatever the basic issue is. No doubt something to do with scrolling?
I think there must be some easy setting or fix for this, so over to you, gurus. Hope this is clear enough for you to understand the problem and therefore also work out a solution.

You will probably suggest I use MS Word, but I am committed to continuing to use the MS Access 2007 application, which combines database and RTF book writer to my satisfaction (except for the above input problem) EdK 20 October 2022

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:57
maybe show us what you mean by uploading a sample db and the form.

EdK

Registered User.
Local time
Hi arnelgp
I think the answer lies somewhere in using a gotopage macro in a tab on a form (as per MS Access 2007 Help topic GoToPage Macro Action where it describes what Action Argument for Down actually is/does - Quote: "The vertical position of the spot on the page, measured from the top edge of its containing window, that is to appear at the top edge of the window. This is required if you specify a Right argument." My database is too big and messy to send or to cut down, so my question above was really looking for a generic answer, not one specific to my database. I'll call back here if I need any help setting up the tabbed form and making the Down argument actually work. Thanks anyway EdK

EdK

Registered User.
Local time
Update: It's all fixed now. The very simple solution was for me to create a tabbed control for the input field (called Booktext2) on my Booktext Form - input behaviour of cursor position is now perfect. Wish I'd thought of this years ago. Previous to this fix, the setup I had was to just have the booktext field sitting in the main form (not tabbed) EdK 21/10/2022

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom