insert a word without pushing the next word (1 Viewer)

catt2

Local time
Today, 00:24
Hi;

This is probably very simple but I can't think of an answer.

I would like to insert a word in Word without pushing the next word over.

example;

If I enter the first name then tab over and enter last name, I would like to change the first name without seeing the last name move back and forth.

Is this possible? The distance between the first and last name is large enough so that the last name should not move at all.

Thank you

Judy

catt2

Local time
I might have found the answer. By increasing the distance between the TABS, I was able to type the first word--tab-- type the second word, go back to the first word and type over it without distburbing the second word.

But if there are any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

Judy

Anthony George

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:24
are you using the ruler to set tabs

Hi

Are you clicking on the ruler at the top of the page to set your tabs?

Because you should be able to set as many tabs as you want in any position you want simply by clicking the ruler, then jump from tab to tab with the tab key.

Also I am not sure if this has anything to do with your problem, but are you aware of the Insert key on the keyboard. Press once for words to be inserted at the mouse text insertion point and press it again if you wish to overwrite the words in front of the cursor instead of moving them along.

regards

Tony

ScriptingFan

Local time
Inserting Tables

I'm not sure if your question was already answered in the previous threads, but here's another alternative.

You could always insert one or more tables and then set the border type to None, if you don't want a visible border. This is done by doing the following:

View>Toolbars>Forms>

You can insert the table(s) in a number of different ways. When you have set the tables, you can right click on it to bring up the Borders and Shading menu, and then select None.

When using this method you're able to limit text to the space that you allot, by positioning the borders of the table(s). It's a sort of text field, if you will.

Hope this helps :)

Carlos

dnnr

Registered User.
Local time
Perhaps I misunderstood your question, but I would just hit the "Insert" button on your keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom