insert fingerprints on form (1 Viewer)

jai kushwaha

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:28
Hello friends i want to make a form on which i want to attach a fingerprint scanner so that when someone his finger on scanner it will identify if it is already in database and put the enter timings and end time and id no. So database can identify it and calculate the working time automatically when query run.

So can anyone tell me how to attache a fingerprint scanner on form.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 07:58
the scanner would attach to the pc, and have its own applet that came with it.
the form would have a text box.
scanning a finger would produce a number that would appear in the textbox. (via the applet)
then after input ,access would run a Dlookup using the textbox to lookup the finger.

IsFound =not IsNull( Dlookup("[personID]","tFingerprintID","[ID]=" & me.txtBox ))

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:58
jai,

Use Google or Bing to research info on connect finger print scanner to MS Access.

Here's 1 link from Bytes.
1 from Access Community

What type/make of scanner? Scanner documentation/instructions?

see this for info re finger print scanner

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:58
In general, the best answer is to get the user's manual for the device and see how it interfaces with the computer first. THEN decide how to make it work for Access. It could produce a complex code number or an image or any of a number of other indicators. Until you know (and thus can tell us) exactly what it gives you, we won't be able to give you good advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom