Insert PDF on to Form (1 Viewer)

Lloyd

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:25
Hi

I have a 3 queries that I need help with:

1. I would like to be able to insert PDF forms in to a tab on a form as an icon.

What I had in mind was a command button which would call up explorer so that I could select a file to insert as an embedded icon in the tab. I would also like to be able to continue inserting other PDF's at later dates.

2. Is there a way of increasing the colour range for the background on a form. I once saw a nice sky blue colour in a database but I can't seem to get that myself. Is there an add in that I need?

3. I have text box on a form which represensents a date. When the text box is empty I would like the second text box to say "Open" but as soon as I put a date in the other one would say "Closed".

Any help with the above would be much appreciated.

thanks
lloyd

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 17:25
2. Is there a way of increasing the colour range for the background on a form. I once saw a nice sky blue colour in a database but I can't seem to get that myself. Is there an add in that I need?
Each section of a form has a Back Color and when you press the "..." button you can set the BackColor to *any* color in the rainbow from the "Define Custom Colors >>" button.
3. I have text box on a form which represensents a date. When the text box is empty I would like the second text box to say "Open" but as soon as I put a date in the other one would say "Closed".
You will need code in both the AfterUpdate event of the DateTextBox and the Current event of the form:
Code:
If IsDate(Me.DateTextBox) Then
   Me.SecondTextBox = "Closed"
Else
   Me.SecondTextBox = "Open"
End If

Lloyd

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks i managed to sort out the colours.

I get an error message with the code you gave me, ive attached the message. any ideas?

Attachments

• ErrorMessage.pdf
    70.1 KB · Views: 151

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
No it is greyed out??
That probably just means it is already compiled. Change *anything* in the code, just add another line with the enter key and see if you can compile. Meanwhile the problem is probably elsewhere. <<putting on thinking cap>>

Lloyd

Registered User.
Local time
The database is attached. look at the form frmMQC and see what you think.

thanks mate

Attachments

• VehicleRecoveryDatabase.zip
    37.5 KB · Views: 103

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
It was probably corrupt. I created a new, blank db and imported everything from your db into it and it seems to work ok.

Attachments

• VehicleRecovery.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 112

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom