Internet Explorer 7 (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 13:53
I installed the Beta version of the new IE7 and couldn’t open my Access Databases located on our network.

So I did a system restore, thought you guys might want to know.

I’m sure someone here knows how to reduce the security that Microsoft thinks we need.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 19:53
JS,
Why not move to Firefox as your browser and stay away from MS security at all.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:53
Interesting - I wouldn't have thought that IE would prevent (or change) access to a network resource what actually did it do ? (just out of curiosity).

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 13:53
Minkey said:
Interesting - I wouldn't have thought that IE would prevent (or change) access to a network resource what actually did it do ? (just out of curiosity).

Whenever I upload my Access files to my ftp:// site and my customers down load them they get locked by some security measure in the MS universe.

Once you try to open the file you get a popup that warns you of potential harm, if you click the open button Access loads and then you get a second warning that you cannot get through.

The customer has to right click the MDB or MDE file and after clicking properties unlock the file.

Once I installed IE7 I started getting those same messages on databases on our local network. But they did not have the unlock button on the property page, rendering them unusable.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:53
Ah thanks, handy to know though of course being only a beta I'm sure M$ will have that ironed out soon enough ;) :p

mated1976

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:53
Access & IE7

jsanders said:
I installed the Beta version of the new IE7 and couldn’t open my Access Databases located on our network.

So I did a system restore, thought you guys might want to know.

I’m sure someone here knows how to reduce the security that Microsoft thinks we need.

I've come across the same problem with one machine on our network - and it's the only one running IE7. When theres no-one else using the .mdb it opens fine from the desktop shortcut but as soon as anyone else opens the .mdb and creates the accesslock file it doesn't want to open. When you double click to load it just thinks about opening it then forgets...

But as a temporary workaround if you open Access first then open the .mdb from inside Access it seems to work as per normal.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'd be interested to hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom