Is Bernie Sanders Persona Real? (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:23
Although the article mentions illegal immigration in passing, it is about LEGAL immigration and legal immigration, by itself does not drive down wages.

We have lots of empirical data in the three fields mentioned - meat packing, building, landscaping. Wages in those fields are down substantially from what they were. Why did wages in those fields drop? Illegal immigration increased.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:23
I don't keep a daily diary, but you are correct that my sweetie has priority over my screen time. I also set aside some time each day for a neighborhood walk because my doctor prescribed walking to help with my weight and my HDL/LDL ratio. So every day I walk three miles and a small fraction. By my computation, I average a walking speed of 2.85 miles per hour. Sometimes I do better. Sometimes worse. But long-term, that is what I do.

I can say that walking has helped me with some issues I had a few years ago with swelling in one leg. I feel I have some of my original stamina, though not as much as, say, 20 years ago. But I still have some long walks ahead of me. Then again, walking is good for anyone who can do it. No less an authority than Hippocrates of Kos, the author of the Hippocratic Oath now sworn by doctors in many countries, said "Walking is Man's best medicine."

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
my doctor prescribed walking to help with my weight and my HDL/LDL ratio.
how much do you weigh? i'm at about 238, although most of that comes from my bodybuilding days.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'll not answer that directly. However, my weight was inappropriate for my height some years ago and my primary care doc had a little talk with me. Since then, I have been slowly modifying my eating habits (because rapid weight loss is usually not sustainable - too much of a shock to your system). I have set a series of weight goals. I already passed the first goal, which was to lose 10% of my highest body weight. I am about halfway to the next goal weight. If I can lose 20% of that maximum weight, I might even see a reversal of some metabolic issues. Can't hurt me to slowly lose weight and probably will help me. I doubt I could ever lose 30% of that bad weight, but hey, a goal is a goal.

And I am suddenly having a moment of imagination where I reach the goal weight and a Mexican Soccer announcer steps in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom