Question Is it possible? PKI infrastructure (1 Viewer)

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:00
Is it possible to implement PKI infrastructure using Microsoft Access 2007 or any version?
If the answer is Yes what is the starting point for creating this.
Thank You

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yesterday, 20:00
Should I know what PKI is? Should I go reasearch it to answer your question?
Access is a database system. You can store structured data of any kind and preserve and manage one-to-many relationships between objects in your system.
A starting place to using Access, or any other database product, would be to gain an understanding of the principles of data normalization, which is a set of rules about how to structure information so everything has a 'home' and so data is never repeated.

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Should I know what PKI is? Should I go reasearch it to answer your question?
Access is a database system. You can store structured data of any kind and preserve and manage one-to-many relationships between objects in your system.
A starting place to using Access, or any other database product, would be to gain an understanding of the principles of data normalization, which is a set of rules about how to structure information so everything has a 'home' and so data is never repeated.

"One should not answer if the One doesn't know what PKI is."

Maybe the more precise and reformulated question should be, "Can PKI be implemented in Windows XP SP2 environment using Access 2007 IDE, and how?"

Thank You.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:00
if you dont explain what you mean by PKI, you are thinning thr number of possible responers, i would have thought.

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
I'm guessing this is what mcdhappy80 is talking about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_key_infrastructure

Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) is a set of hardware, software, people, policies, and procedures needed to create, manage, distribute, use, store, and revoke digital certificates.[1] In cryptography, a PKI is an arrangement that binds public keys with respective user identities by means of a certificate authority (CA). The user identity must be unique within each CA domain. The binding is established through the registration and issuance process, which, depending on the level of assurance the binding has, may be carried out by software at a CA, or under human supervision. The PKI role that assures this binding is called the Registration Authority (RA). The RA ensures that the public key is bound to the individual to which it is assigned in a way that ensures non-repudiation.
The term trusted third party (TTP) may also be used for certificate authority (CA). The term PKI is sometimes erroneously used to denote public key algorithms, which do not require the use of a CA.

Exactly.
Because the description was fairly large (as we can see) I was assuming only people who know what PKI is will try to give answer because they may know it.
I'm sorry for not including everyone else by not giving a brief explanation.

So, now that we all know what PKI is does anyone knows is there an Access code library, and what free software can be used for manipulating certificates?
Can PKI be implemented in Windows XP SP2 environment using Access 2007 IDE, and how?
I would only need to generate keys for 6 users in local network. How do I do it (what software, etc.)?
I was researching a little bit online and I only found C# and other advanced OO languages example but that is not what I need at the moment.

Thank You.

Last edited:

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
mcd

Your not going to get anywhere with your line of questions.

Access will not generate any digital certificates for you which will specifically and very probably need to be written in a pure programming environment.

Access is a database and as such is aimed at managing ONLY information. You could use Access for managing any administrative procedures or information which is included in the management of digital certificates but that's it.

This is why you are not getting answers.

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
mcd
This is why you are not getting answers.

And maybe a little on the 'attitude' side :). With respect, it would out of courtesy, be apt to offer some sort of description for what you need or at least a link. Usually, answers come plentiful when you have demonstrated at least some sort of effort to try and solve you problem be it code or an outlined description. By hoping that 'people who know what KPi's are' would respond, the probability of them answering would be virtually nil. Let's say 1000 people here know what they are. A small percentage would read your thread and a small percentage of the readers would probably answer.

If everyone took the same approach, you get threads like

How do I build a horse management system (only people who know?)
How do I save and manage plt's? Again, only people who know

We are all here to help and benefit from each other but stiffness and biting back really rubs people up the wrong way :)

Cheers

Nidge

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
And maybe a little on the 'attitude' side :). With respect, it would out of courtesy, be apt to offer some sort of description for what you need or at least a link. Usually, answers come plentiful when you have demonstrated at least some sort of effort to try and solve you problem be it code or an outlined description. By hoping that 'people who know what KPi's are' would respond, the probability of them answering would be virtually nil. Let's say 1000 people here know what they are. A small percentage would read your thread and a small percentage of the readers would probably answer.

If everyone took the same approach, you get threads like

How do I build a horse management system (only people who know?)
How do I save and manage plt's? Again, only people who know

We are all here to help and benefit from each other but stiffness and biting back really rubs people up the wrong way :)

Cheers

Nidge

I apologize if the way I asked the question was inappropriate.
This forum has helped me a lot on my way of learning Access VB programming and the last thing on my mind was to annoy someone who would read my posts, in any way.
Sorry again, and thanks for all the answers, really appreciate all of them.
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom