Is it possible to use a combo box to select the field name to Group on? (1 Viewer)

lws

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:24
In order to give users more flexibility. I would like to create a report that uses a selection from a combo box, on a form, to Group on and be displayed in the Header. I have tried multiple things but unable do it. Is this possible? or do I have to copy and paste a bunch of reports with the different groupings?

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
It's very possible. I've seen a demo for it a while back. Perhaps if you could post a sample db, someone here could demonstrate it again for you.

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Please have a look at the attached demo, I just finished putting it together using some of my older components I had. Note that in this version you can add up to three groups and apply custom filters on multiple fields. You will need to look at the code to adjust it for your use....

Cheers,
Vlad

Attachments

• FBA_DynamicReporting.zip
    405.3 KB · Views: 254

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:24
That's an excellent example but keep in mind that it needs to open the report in design view. This is only possible if you distribute as an .accdb and the user has a full version of Access. He cannot be using the Access Runtime to run the app.

lws

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, thankyou for the demo. I will study it when I have a moment or two. Sorry but have been put on another project that has been taking up the majority of my time. I do appreciate the help.

Also yes we all users have a full version of access.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom