Is the scroll bar present/visible (1 Viewer)

AccessAllstars

Local time
Today, 01:27
For a datasheet - I want to know if the horizontal *vertical* scroll bar is present/visible (because there are too many row to display). This does not happen often in the app and when it does the users forget to look to the right side for the scroll bars. This means I get calls for help tickets. If its there, I want to know so I can give them a prompt.

Thank you in advance for any help/tips/point me in the right direction!
-Kim

Please see my reply to @sonic8 for where I ended up on this question.

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:27
Hi Kim. I don't know the answer to your question, but a possible alternative is if you know how many rows the datasheet can display, then perhaps count the records and remind the user about scrolling if the count exceeds the expected.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:27
Think you mean the vertical scroll bar. It is always visible if the number of rows exceed the available height. If this is a datasheet form then you can turn them off

if the datasheet is wider than the screen the user will need to use the horizontal bar

recommend you review your design to ensure the datasheet window fits within the screen window

AccessAllstars

Local time
Hi Kim. I don't know the answer to your question, but a possible alternative is if you know how many rows the datasheet can display, then perhaps count the records and remind the user about scrolling if the count exceeds the expected.
Thank you for the suggestion. I had been doing that, but with people working from home, etc.. every one has a diffent screen size.

AccessAllstars

Local time
Think you mean the vertical scroll bar. It is always visible if the number of rows exceed the available height. If this is a datasheet form then you can turn them off

if the datasheet is wider than the screen the user will need to use the horizontal bar

recommend you review your design to ensure the datasheet window fits within the screen window
Thank you @CJ_London - Please see my response to the @theDBguy.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 02:27
You might be interested in resizing forms.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 07:27
@AccessAllstars

Hi Kim
Most of what I've written below has already been mentioned
1. As pointed out above, I assume you meant the vertical scroll bar.
2. Code is available to determine what scroll bar settings are in use (both/neither/vertical only/ horizontal only) but that doesn't help as the scrollbars only appear when needed.
3. As stated above you either need to ensure the form is large enough not to need a scrollbar, or prompt the user to use the scrollbar if it is visible.
4. Using automatic form resizing can help ensure all users have the same experience. However, the article listed above isn't up to date
If you want to look into that, please look at the latest information & code on my website:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom