Is there a way to tell super easy mail merge to attach 2nd page as pdf? (1 Viewer)

Minddumps

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:05
I should first mention I'm using Microsoft Office 2007
I've successfully implemented the Super Easy Mail Merge using filters.

For those interested in how to use the filters, here's the code:
Code:
   Me.Refresh
   MergeAllWord ("select * from qryContactsMerge where " & Me.Filter)
Everything works great, however, I've discovered I need more to the merge. [hmm... not so simple for me after all... drats :eek:]

The merge is the body of the email I send out to my contacts and has 2 pages, of which the second page has images (along with merged info as well).

This mail merge would work fine except that because the 2nd page has images, the email has to be sent as html and there are many businesses that block html messages thus hindering the email from being received properly. So I thought, Solution? --EASY! Seperate the two pages as two separate documents and set the mail merge to open both documents.

NOT so easy... because first I can't send a word document as an attachement since the info is editable in Word--I need it to attach as PDF; plus I don't know how to rewrite the module code to open TWO documents anyway, nor how to tell the system how to name my attachment. The other option is to tell my word document to include the second page, but I don't know how to write the Word VBA to include the 2nd page as a PDF attachment (and name it using merged fields) in it's merge to email either. ughhh :banghead:

I've seen threads about creating a report and then exporting the report with the mail merge, but that also won't work since access extensively lowers the resolution quality of my images and that's simply not an option.

Ok so has anyone come across this type of situation? Will you share your solution and/or code please?

For those that don't have the mail merge code, the original Albert D. Kallal database I use is attached.

Attachments

• WordMerge2008.zip
    117.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom