Issue with Copying Forms (1 Viewer)

moscgama

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:34
Hi,

I am trying to copy a form (3 time) with in the same database and am having issues with a button that closes the current form and opens the "switchboard" form. When I make changes the button on any of the copied forms they all update with the changes I made to the rest of the forms. For example, if I am working in Form 2 and update the button to close Form 2 and open the switch board, all of the buttons will update to closing Form 2 and opening the switch board. I've tried deleting and adding new buttons, but the same thing happens the same button is deleted and then added to all of the copied forms. I just copied, pasted, and renamed the forms. Is this not the correct way to copy forms? If not, how should I go about copying the forms? Is there a way to stop the linkage between the forms?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:34
That's pretty weird and I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be happening no matter how you are copying them. I've been trying to replicate that behavior and can't. It sounds like the different names are pointing to the same object. Does this happen in all the databases you create? If your not sure please create another one just to test this and see if it happen in that one.

moscgama

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:34
Hi Sneuberg! Thanks for your response! I haven't had this issue before, BUT I don't really copy many forms myself. I just usually create new forms. I'll try creating a new database and see if it happens again!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:34
You mentioned switchboard. Is this a switchboard form? I don't use them, but aren't the actions controlled by entries in a table rather than code behind buttons or something? Perhaps that's the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom