Solved Issue with working with tables (1 Viewer)

nashaz

Local time
Today, 08:52
Hi all

For my training db, I have a CourseListT which contains CourseID and CourseName fields. I have another juntion table called Course_JT which has following fields:
  1. DeliverID (PK)
  2. CourseID (FK)
  3. ProviderID (FK)
  4. CertificationAuthorityID (FK)
  5. CourseCode
  6. TrainingLevel
  7. Cost
One of the purposes for this structure is to make sure that each course has only one ID, even if it is delivered by various providers e.g., CourseID 100 may be delivered by ProviderIDs, 11, 28, and 33. For the user, I have a continuous form based on Course_JT. All works fine up until I try and delete one of the records for CourseID 100 using the form (lets say I want to delete the combination of CourseID 100 and ProviderID 28). I get the following error message:

1697722956969.png

When I press OK, the db deletes all records of CourseID 100 from Course_JT. Now it is a weird problem because the db is not setup to be multiuser. At the moment, I am the only one using/setting up the db.

Cheers for any help in advance.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:52
"another user" could mean code. For example, you have a bound form and you make changes to the data on that form, at the same time, you click on a button that also make changes to the data on that form. That would be considered by Access as two different users making changes at the same time. Could that be the case for you?

nashaz

Local time
Today, 08:52
"another user" could mean code. For example, you have a bound form and you make changes to the data on that form, at the same time, you click on a button that also make changes to the data on that form. That would be considered by Access as two different users making changes at the same time. Could that be the case for you?

Ahh, that solves it. It was actually the code Form_Delete event which was causing the error. I commented out the code and it works fine. Thank you, theDbguy!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:52
Ahh, that solves it. It was actually the code Form_Delete event which was causing the error. I commented out the code and it works fine. Thank you, theDbguy!
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom