ItemSelected to Array (1 Viewer)

Fantast

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:30
Having much more experience in PHP, a web based solution was also my prefered solution, but unfortunately the desicion is not entirely mine.

The users will only run forms whish will produce reports in Access and Excel. they will not have the ability to change data in the database.

@bloating, that sounds scary. So everytime a table is created or deleted it will cause bloating to an Access database? In that case I need to know the following:
As said above, the user can choose to either run the file directly from teh shared disk or download it. The prefered choice for my users is to download the file, but of course there will be times that someone will run it directly from the shared disk. If two people are running the tool at the same time, will the tables and queries created by one of the users be immidiatly visible to the other one? Because that is one of the reasons why I choose to create a new table every time the form is opened, trailing the name of the table with a number if it already exists. The deletion of the tables will only happen after the user closes Access.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:30
In some cases the bloat is insignificant and if your import routine is importing into the shared Back End (i.e. where the tables reside), then can be made visible to all users if you have created this functionality. Think about it, the users will need access to to view the available tables in order for them to know what tables are available.

So like I mentioned, create the table and point the import routine to that table. Perhaps you want to create the table on the Front End so that each user has their own local tables to play with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom