Je Suis Charlie (1 Viewer)

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:42
I think you may have missed my answer Brian :

"A gunman walks into a large public space and begins shooting, killing or wounding some bystanders and forcing others to cower under tables or run away in fear."

would you call that terrorism? Because I would.

And you left a question here :

What about the 2014 event?

Well, did he have a political or a Fear/submission based reason for attacking these people or this place? If not, in my opinion it was not a terrorist act but then again everybody has to chose which they believe in. NO? (I have not seen any information as to this crime so my choice is based upon the two reasons that have been defined here as a terroristic act.)

Sitting here watching a man in Israel with a knife running toward the BACK of a woman and stabbing her then running off to stab others. Yes, he was Palestinian, probably 99.95% a Muslim,,,,what do you Think???????. Now the question is: was this a terrorist attack?.

By Frothingslosh definition, I might add #1 in my Websters dictionary, It would not be because he does not want to change anything political. However, the #2 definition, "The state of Fear and submission so produced" gives us another prospective, does it not? If you install fear in a people it is easier to control them. This has been done throughout the centuries in all parts of the world.

It all comes down to choices; do you believe that 99.5% of all terrorist are Muslim,,a Choice,,,,,It is that simple............... My choice is yes they are and Yes, this knifing in Israel is a terrorist act. Chalk one more up for on the 99.5% board soon to be 99.6%.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Oh, crap, they're trying to force you into an American-style system, where you're allowed all the health care you can afford and not a whit more? You have my sympathies. "Oh, you have cancer? You have to go into our high-risk program, with 90% lower payouts and 400% higher premiums, and if you ever have a lapse, say from losing your job after spending 125 days in the hospital, then you can never again get insurance due to having a pre-existing condition." (That, by the way, was stopped by Obamacare, and is precisely what Bladerunner and the Republican Party want to reinstate.)

Yeah, and if I like my doctor , I can keep my doctor and if I Like my Insurance, I can keep my insurance. Lies, upon Lies upon lies.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 18:42
The fact that Blade got from "was the Sandy Hook killer a terrorist" to bashing Muslims is disturbing, was the Sandy Hook killer a radical Muslim?

Brian

Adam Lanza was a mentally disturbed 20 year-old with no known ties to any religion at all, including Islam. He was fascinated by school shootings and showed some signs of potential schizophrenia. He had pretty much entirely cut himself off from the world, and not only left no suicide note or mainifesto, but actually attempted (and largely managed) to destroy his computer's hard drive.

All indications are that religion was not a factor at all, and that he simply wanted to kill as many people, adult and child alike, as he could.

Last edited:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 23:42
Adam Lanza was a mentally disturbed 20 year-old with no known ties to any religion at all, including Islam. He was fascinated by school shootings and showed some signs of potential schizophrenia. He had pretty much entirely cut himself off from the world, and no only left no suicide note or mainifesto, but actually attempted (and largely managed) to destroy his computer's hard drive.

All indications are that religion was not a factor at all, and that he simply wanted to kill as many people, adult and child alike, as he could.

Thanks but I was being sarcastic, still Connor and Blade may find the information useful, though as he was not a Muslim Blade will definitely be in the no terrorist camp, but Connor?

Brian

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Yeah, and if I like my doctor , I can keep my doctor and if I Like my Insurance, I can keep my insurance. Lies, upon Lies upon lies.

Yeah, you keep blaming Obama for what the insurance companies did. Let's not hold them accountable for their own actions!

Anyone who thought that the industry which fought the hardest against the ACA wouldn't stoop to attempting to sabotage the implementation is a fool. I called that one as soon as I heard him say that.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Thanks but I was being sarcastic, still Connor and Blade may find the information useful, though as he was not a Muslim Blade will definitely be in the no terrorist camp, but Connor?

Brian

Whoops! Yeah, my sarcasm detector isn't the best model, and is really bad at detecting it in print! :D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
It all comes down to choices; do you believe that 99.5% of all terrorist are Muslim,,a Choice,,,,,It is that simple............... My choice is yes they are and Yes, this knifing in Israel is a terrorist act. Chalk one more up for on the 99.5% board soon to be 99.6%.

Even if it reaches 100% it only means no other people are terrorists, but it does not tell us what percentage and therefore numbers of Muslims are terrorist, there may be just 2 terrorists in the whole world, both happen to be Muslim. Do you get the uselessness of your stats?

Brian

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
There is no second definition.

Nice try, though.

The red text is classic moving of the goalposts. Blade gets proven wrong? He'll just change the data until he can force it to say what he wants! If he can't do that, he'll just make up his own numbers!

Blade, you're the one making the ridiculous claim, so it's on you to provide your proof. Of course, you never will, because there is none. Everyone here knows you just pulled that number out of your ass in order to fit your complete fear and hatred of brown people.

To be fair, to Blade, EVERY thread is either about bashing liberals or screaming that the Muslim-colored sky is falling. I really need to stop egging him on - it's starting to feel like I'm clubbing baby seals.

I am using the Webster's American Dictionary, 2000 College edition.
Nice Try Though!

On one hand you tell you have no knowledge of someone who was part a liberal homegrown group that actually killed people and blew up buildings. Now he is praised for his actions among the liberals, yet you accuse me of moving the goalpost and then you have the gall to bring up the KKK which is way in the past. Prior to 2001 the Muslim Islamic people were mostly contained to the middle east and other third world countries. Afterwards, the world was their stage. DAH

NO, You are the one who is telling me my opinion don't count and that I have to prove why I think that way. You do this especially when you call me a liar about the Dictionary. I know you believe everything on the internet except when I quote from it, Hummmmmm Mr. Connor

OK, When you stop, I will. I have a different opinion than you do and as long as you bring something up to debate, I will be there.

And I know you think you must be real bad guy. I can read that from your post. Clubbing baby seals hummmmmmmm.... O......K

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
So here you go, Blade: the FBI page on terrorism in the US from 1980 to 2005, listing every terror attack on US soil during that period. So what you're saying is that the Earth Liberation Front is a radical Muslim organisation?

Oh, and here's a page listing terror attacks in Europe in the 2000's. What's truly interesting is that the number 99.6% does indeed come up - as the percentage of NON-Islamist terror attacks.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time

Brian

Yes, I already knew about the kid. It ws not terrorism act. So, how does that affect the 99.5% I spoke of.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, you keep blaming Obama for what the insurance companies did. Let's not hold them accountable for their own actions!

Anyone who thought that the industry which fought the hardest against the ACA wouldn't stoop to attempting to sabotage the implementation is a fool. I called that one as soon as I heard him say that.

Not when the democratic liberal congress and senate at the time promised them they would be fully compensated for any losses they might see because of Obama care. I might add, there is a hefty price tag given to them for taking on Obama...Money,,,it talks and yes, the insurance companies are no better than the people who bought them off.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Even if it reaches 100% it only means no other people are terrorists, but it does not tell us what percentage and therefore numbers of Muslims are terrorist, there may be just 2 terrorists in the whole world, both happen to be Muslim. Do you get the uselessness of your stats?

If it were only two cases yes but this is not the case, is it. If you have 1000 (pull out of the air like your 2 was.) terrorist acts and 99.5% of those acts were commited by people that were Muslim, would that make a difference... I guess to get a better idea of this, Ask the Israeli people what this would mean and how they would react.

The answer to your question actually depends on where you live,,,,NO?

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
I am using the Webster's American Dictionary, 2000 College edition.
Nice Try Though!
Translation of Bladerunner's comback: "I'm making crap up and claiming it's from a book I cannot show you, so nyah nyah nyah your proof is worthless"

On one hand you tell you have no knowledge of someone who was part a liberal homegrown group that actually killed people and blew up buildings.
Please list every single individual who has ever committed a terrorist act in the history of the world. Until you complete that list, you don't get to hold me to that same standard.

Now he is praised for his actions among the liberals,

Oh bullshit. There may be some radicals who are themselves terrorists in either action or belief who admire him, but the vast majority of liberals would be appalled by him, just as most conservatives were appalled by the Oklahoma City bombing. The very fact that you believe most liberals admire a terrorist and murderer shows how completely out of touch with reality you are, to the point of showing that YOU are a potential threat to the US.

yet you accuse me of moving the goalpost

That was because YOU DID.

and then you have the gall to bring up the KKK which is way in the past.

Seriously? You can look them up in the phone book! They've even been getting record numbers of recruits since 2008! AND THEY WERE TERRORISTS!

Prior to 2001 the Muslim Islamic people were mostly contained to the middle east and other third world countries. Afterwards, the world was their stage. DAH

Again, completely out of touch. First off, Islam is the religion, Muslim is the practitioner of said religion. That's like saying "Catholic Christian people...."

Second, using 'contained' as your verb says a LOT about your mindset and attitude toward Muslims.

Third, Islam is rather more widespread than you give it credit for, and has been for a long, long time.

NO, You are the one who is telling me my opinion don't count and that I have to prove why I think that way.You do this especially when you call me a liar about the Dictionary. I know you believe everything on the internet except when I quote from it, Hummmmmm Mr. Connor

Actually, I'm telling you that your opinion is idiotic, and based on fear, hatred, prejudice, and lies. I'm telling you that you are incapable of carrying on a reasoned discussion, as you base your rhetoric on assumption, paranoia, and guesswork rather than facts. I call you a liar because the only times you claim to have facts are when you cannot acutally provide proof, or when you are acting certifiably insane, such as when you insisted that 1200 AD was 3300 years ago.

I hardly believe everything on the internet - that's why I tend to post data from so many sources, each of which will agree with each other and include footnotes and references, and each of which can be verified by anyone reading my post. It's called 'cross-checking', and you should try it sometime!

By comparison, your 'proof' consists of links to white supremacist websites, conspiracy sites, Faux News, and Bible Study groups, all of which are known to use as little actual fact and/or research as humanly possible.

OK, When you stop, I will. I have a different opinion than you do and as long as you bring something up to debate, I will be there.

You'll be there shrieking about the evil, evil liberals and Muslims making the sky fall whether I'm there or not. I just call you on it.

And I know you think you must be real bad guy. I can read that from your post. Clubbing baby seals hummmmmmmm.... O......K

Aaaaaaand now we know that even simple metaphors are completely beyond you....

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
You just don't get how meaningless your 99.5% is and I guess never will.
But one last try how many or what % of Muslims are terrorists?

As for Israel that is a special situation, you are armed to the teeth to stop anybody encroaching on your yard, just imagine what you would do if some other people stloe your territory?

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Webster's 1913 Dictionary

Ter´ror`ism
n. 1. The act of terrorizing, or state of being terrorized; a mode of government by terror or intimidation.

2. The practise of coercing governments to accede to political demands by committing violence on civilian targets; any similar use of violence to achieve goals.

WordNet Dictionary
Noun 1. terrorism - the calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimindation or coercion or instilling fear
Synonyms: act of terrorism, terrorist act

Ter´ror`ist
n. 1. One who governs by terrorism or intimidation; specifically, an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.

2. One who commits terrorism{2}.

WordNet Dictionary
Noun 1. terrorist - a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities

Adj. 1. terrorist - characteristic of someone who employs terrorism (especially as a political weapon); "terrorist activity"; "terrorist state"

so item 2 fits our not your definition

Brian

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Not when the democratic liberal congress and senate at the time promised them they would be fully compensated for any losses they might see because of Obama care. I might add, there is a hefty price tag given to them for taking on Obama...Money,,,it talks and yes, the insurance companies are no better than the people who bought them off.

So what you're saying is that you don't blame the people who DID it, because Liberals.

Got it.

Also, I remember reading reports that the 'loss compensation' thing was a sop to Republicans in exchange for not filibustering, but it'll take me forever to find verification for that one. Any websearch of the Affordable Care Act brings up a crazy amount of results, and thus a terrible signal-to-noise ratio.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Code:
By Frothingslosh definition, I might add #1 in my Websters dictionary, It would not be because he does not want to change anything political. However, the #2 definition, "The state of Fear and submission so produced" gives us another prospective, does it not? If you install fear in a people it is easier to control them. This has been done throughout the centuries in all parts of the world.

It looks like a partial quote to me,and the next two sentences by you show it to be political and therefore not a loner shooting people for fun or because he is a fruit loop .

Brian

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Code:
It looks like a partial quote to me,and the next two sentences by you show it to be political and therefore not a loner shooting people for fun or because he is a fruit loop .

Brian

OK, Brian: I would have figured you for one of the ones that believed me when I said I was taking the quote out of my dictionary. I am sorry you are not.

I will produce for the forum a picture of the book and a picture of the page which has the item in question. Again I am sorry you feel that way.n I am sure Frothingslosh and some others will doubt the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom