Question Keytips don't work on first try. (1 Viewer)

ListO

Señor Member
Local time
Today, 21:09
I have an application with a custom-built ribbon which includes keytips for the tabs and for buttons in groups in those tabs.

The first time that I use the keytips after starting-up the application, the keytip letters for the tabs show up after typing 'Alt,' but the letters DO NOT show up when the ribbon is opened and the buttons are exposed. If I allow the ribbon to minimize and then re-type 'Alt,' the letters show up first on the tabs, then when a tab is opened the letters show up on the buttons as well. It continues to work correctly until I re-start the application, and then the button keytips do not display for the first time through.

Anyone else experience this kind of behavior? Is it a bug, uhm, I mean Feature of Access 07, or am I not initializing the ribbon correctly?

I should say that the application is set to run with the ribbon minimized, opening only when tabs are selected.

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 13:09
When you use the key tips, you have to press the ALT and then the key for the tab group you want, even if it is the one showing. So, if you open the db and then you press ALT, the tab ones show up and I have to press H first to select the HOME tab even though it is showing. So, that sounds like your results are working exactly like normal.

ListO

Señor Member
Local time
Today, 21:09
Hey, Bob. Thanks for the response.

Perhaps I did not explain this well enough, but I don't believe my db is working correctly.

When the application is first opened, I can press the Alt key and the little keytip letters appear over the tab buttons in the ribbon. If I type one of the keytip letters, that tab opens, displaying the groups and various controls, but there are no keytip letters appearing on those buttons or controls. If I press ALT key at this point, the ribbon minimizes once again.

Thereafter, if I press ALT, the keytips appear on the tabs as before, but when the tab opens, the keytip letters appear over the buttons and controls, and pressing the corresponding letter causes that control to execute (if I've coded it correctly). This is how it is supposed to be, not as it is on the first time through described above.

I'm wondering if there is something I'm not doing right. I suppose I could write a work-around that includes some sendkeys, but I'm trying to avoid work-arounds if there is a real solution instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom