Large Text Fields don't show all data (1 Viewer)

mveijndh

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:55
Hi,
I've made a report with 3 Large Text fields. When I fill the report I can fill in all data as required. When I want to print the data, only part of the data shows in the print out.
I've set the fields to grow and shrink. I've plenty of room on the sheet, but it just does not show up.

Any ideas??

GohDiamond

"Access- Imagineer that!"
Local time
Yesterday, 19:55
In addition to the FIELD /TEXTBOX property CAN GROW = YES you have to set the property for the section to CAN GROW = YES

Cheers!
Goh

mveijndh

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

I've checked the settings, but the Section was set to can grow = yes.
Any other ideas? The report is part of a very large database, how can I provide you with the sample of the report?

GohDiamond

Local time
Does the Print Preview show the whole field or the truncated field?

Goh

mveijndh

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

The data is truncated. it's just 2 lines and a bit while the whole data is over 4 lines.

GohDiamond

Local time
And is the TextBox outline expanded as you'd expect it to be? If the textbox is open for 4 lines then I'm thinking a layered object maybe covering the space that the Textbox grew into. Maybe you better post a Screenshot.

Cheers!
Goh

mveijndh

Registered User.
Local time
Please find attached two files one print screen of the report and a pdf of what I get.
The full text is:
Controle Phoenix Controls regeling voor het BSL3 labo V229. Tijdens de controle is gebleken dat het controlerboard van de POC regelklep van de sluis niet onder spanning stond. Mogelijk is dit gebeurd tijdens het wijzigen van de luidspreker die vervangen is geweest. Na het opnieuw connecteren bleek de regeling terug correct te werken. De druk van de sluis is echter altijd correct gebleven dankzij de eigenschappen van de Phoenix regelklep.
In Dutch (Sorry)

Attachments

• Schermafdruk 2016-07-06 22.04.32.jpg
    Schermafdruk 2016-07-06 22.04.32.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 87
  • rptServiceReport.pdf
    50.5 KB · Views: 116

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
The report is part of a very large database, how can I provide you with the sample of the report?

Create a new database and just import the objects needed to display this report. This doesn't take that long and will probably save to a lot of time in the long run. It's very difficult to track down these problems with screen shots.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 01:55
Are you sure the whole text is in the query the report is based on, then I can see it it is limit to 255 characters?
The link gives some explanation on why that could happen.
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html

GohDiamond

Local time
Large Text Field should then be Type: LONG TEXT (Memo)

Cheers!
Goh

mveijndh

Registered User.
Local time
I've rewritten the report and the problem did not show up again?? Very strange!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom