LDB Viewer for Database version 4.x (1 Viewer)

BarkerD

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:47
Does anybody know where I can find an ldb viewer for 4.x version databases. I have downloaded a viewer, LDBView.Zip but it does not correctly identify the suspect state of the database in the database header.

Any help would be appreciated.

Duane

Last edited:

BarkerD

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the file. I have checked out the sample code on the Microsoft website, but it only identifies the machines that are logged into the database.

I have been having a very large problem with corruption on a custom made application written in Access 2000. I need to be able to correctly identify the machine that has placed the database in a suspect state. An article that I read Corruption FAQ gives a very thorough analysis of corruption. One of the solutions mentioned regarding network stability will require a huge amount of effort to track down the bad network cards, attenuating cables, or power supply issues. The suspect flag will allow me to pinpoint the areas on the network that I need to focus on.

If someone has written any code to gather this information, it would be appreciated.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:47
There are a lot of ways for a user and/or a computer (hardware) to corrupt a db. I would also suggest creating a log of all users who open and when they close a db. The code below will allow you to grab their computer name. You can also get the NT user name as well with the second function below. Good luck!

HTH

'Used with GetNTUser
Private Declare Function GetUserName Lib "AdvAPI32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nsize As Long) As Long

'Used with ComputerName()
Private Declare Function GetComputerName Lib "kernel32" Alias "GetComputerNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nsize As Long) As Long

Public Function ComputerName()
On Error GoTo Err_ComputerName

Dim Comp_Name_B As String * 255
Dim Comp_Name As String

GetComputerName Comp_Name_B, Len(Comp_Name_B)
Comp_Name = Left(Comp_Name_B, InStr(Comp_Name_B, Chr(0)) - 1)
If Comp_Name = "" Then Comp_Name = " "
ComputerName = Comp_Name
' MsgBox ComputerName

Exit_ComputerName:
Exit Function

Err_ComputerName:
MsgBox Err.Number & " " & Err.Description
Resume Exit_ComputerName

End Function

Public Function GetNTUser() As String
On Error GoTo Err_strUserName

Dim strUserName As String
strUserName = String(100, Chr$(0))
GetUserName strUserName, 100
strUserName = Left$(strUserName, InStr(strUserName, Chr$(0)) - 1)
GetNTUser = StrConv(strUserName, vbProperCase)
'MsgBox GetNTUser

Exit_strUserName:
Exit Function

Err_strUserName:
MsgBox Err.Number & " " & Err.Description
Resume Exit_strUserName

End Function

BarkerD

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks again, but the information that I require is stored in the .ldb file. It will tell me which connection has caused the database to be marked as corrupt. I already have utilities that can identify all connections to a database including the NT machine name.

My problem is that the LDB viewer that I have marks ALL connections suspect after being closed. I believe this is due to a change in the database header information in version 4.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom