Learning New Skills (1 Viewer)

mloucel

Local time
Today, 05:41
I'm 56 years old, lost my job and found a new one due to Covid-19 (pandemic, not that I had)
I used to do some programming about 20 years ago in dBase and FoxBase (yes I am that old)
now I need to re-learn new tricks and get on board with programming, I have a small project that would make MANY of you laugh out loud and think:
I CAN DO THAT IN 2 HRS WITH MY EYES CLOSED..😂
Is not that easy for me, and I need help, at 56 and without much knowledge of the new methods of programming I am in great need of help.

I will appreciate as much help as I can get, I need to learn, and at my age the best way is to learn by example, this way I can replicate, or make better code.

Thanks in advance.

Maurice.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:41
Welcome to AWF! I think you'll find that there's a lot of people here who will be willing to help where they can.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:41
Welcome to AWF!
I started out with FoxPro, then Access 2 if I remember correctly. I think you'll find you're not that old here...

Last edited:

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:41
Welcome, Maurice. Glad you found your way to Access World forums. Here, you'll find great others who love Access and like to help. Hopefully you'll learn a lot and give back later by answering questions too.

mloucel

Local time
Welcome, Maurice. Glad you found your way to Access World forums. Here, you'll find great others who love Access and like to help. Hopefully you'll learn a lot and give back later by answering questions too.
Thank you, I saw your website, unfortunately I've been unemployed for a bit and for the moment cannot afford to pay for some mentoring help, but I will have you in my list just in case.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:41
Thank you, I saw your website, unfortunately I've been unemployed for a bit and for the moment cannot afford to pay for some mentoring help, but I will have you in my list just in case.
Everything on my site is free! I also have lots of videos on YouTube that are also free ... love Access and that is why I'm here at AWF too :) This is a great time for you to learn, wishing you a successful rediscovery of Access!

mloucel

Local time
Thank you so much, it is really hard to start again from almost 0, and on top with no money.
thank you for your website I will go a lot to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom