Let's Plz Think With ME!!! (1 Viewer)

Haitham

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:23
I Have Table Wich Has Around 45000 Record's, I Have Form And Subform Wich Linked By [Reciept ID], What Is Going Is:

* The [Reciept ID] Is AutoIncremening By Dmax(......).
* When Both Of User Opening Form The Problem Is Starting..

- Both Of Them Will Have The Same [Reciept ID],,,,,:(((
- The Subform Will Has The Same [Reciept ID],,,,,:(((

* Now The Winner Who Will Be Faster To Finish His Data Entry.
* And The Next Who Will Drive Me To Hell.

- I Have To Delete The All Record's In SubForm And Delete All The Data In The Form Then Give Anew [Reciept ID],,,,,, Etc.

The Next More Funy Is If The Winner Will Be More Fast And Open The Form To Add A New Record ............................... Waooooooo.

Please Please Any Help Will Be Appreciated.

What Is The Way To Avoide This Conflict As Long As The Record Is Not Saving Untill You Finish All The Entry?

Thanx In Advance

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:23
If you use Autonumber for your ReceiptID your troubles will be over. Creating your own numbering system in a multi-user environment does not work, as you have found out.

hth,
Jack

Haitham

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:23
It's Same,,

Thanx Jack,

It's Same If Access AutoNumber Or My Own Autonumber, the problem once the user is opening the form and get the RecieptID, The New Record Will Not Be Saved In Momently.

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:23
Is the db on a network and is your data split into a backend and frontend with each user having a frontend on their machine and the backend on the server? If you have this arrangement then autonumber should work perfectly. If this is not your setup then you should seriously consider it or use replication.

hth,
Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom