Library database from 2003 (1 Viewer)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:01
I have a few library databases used in 2003. How do I set these up to use with Access 2010? Previously could add these to system32 and reference them as Libname.mda

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 17:01
I have an A2010.accdb/.accde that I use as a library, sort of. I just include it in references.

But the file type needs to be changed in the dialog box, because some other type is default

Also, if you wish to make an .accde out of it, your "library" must also be .accde, or else the stupid thing will not compile into .accde and just leave you guessing as to why not (cost me half a day to figure this out) :D (and you can use an .accde as library for an .accdb).

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks spike. I'll try to save a copy as accdb. I think if I then install it in Widows/system32 it will set up in references(if not automatically, then after I set it manually once). At least that's how I remember it. I think my current issue is mda rather than accdb/accde.

Update:

I saved the library database to myDocuments and referenced it manually.

Last edited:

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 17:01
I just put it together with the main db, so I don't forget to export it if the whole enchilada needs exporting.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
When I was working, I had several databases. Some reusable functions/procedures etc started to appear in every database. That's when I learned of Library databases. I saved these as .mda and placed them in system32 and they were always available.

Now I have only 1 or 2 databases, just to do a few things in response to posts/posters. So I could easily put everything in the one/two databases, but thought I'd keep some routines separate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom