Solved Link a command button to data on the same form (1 Viewer)

mistermarty

Local time
Today, 15:01
Hi all. I have a database containing customer details with delivery addresses that are sometimes quite remote. A post code may cover a vast area, so we generally use Google maps to find the building prior to going out on the road etc. To help drivers find the exact location for where they need to go, I would like to be able to do the following:

On the customer details form, I would like to have a text box (let's call it txtMapURL) where I can copy a pinpointed location URL from Google maps... easy enough.

Here's the tricky part - I would like a button under the text box (let's call it cmdShowLocn) that, when clicked, reads the URL in the text box (as a hyperlink?) and opens a browser to display the location.

Is this possible?

Thanks
M :)

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 11:01
Access has a hyperlink data type field. You can use that. Use the followhyperlink method.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:01
You can probably even use a web browser control on an Access Form and navigate it to the URL in the Textbox, so you don't have to open another application to view it. Just a thought...

mistermarty

Local time
Today, 15:01
Thanks for your speedy replies and suggestions. I have decided to change the "IsHyperlink" property of the text box to yes, which makes it just as easy to display the location in Google Maps.
Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom