Link Excel to Access DB problem,Office 2007 (1 Viewer)

fibayne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:40
Hi...I have a DB that links to an excel spreadsheet which is updated daily from another system, the link to the Excel sheet is then updated using Linked Table Manager, the DB and the excel workbook are both on the office server with a shortcut to the DB on each users desk.
It looks like there is a limit to the number of users who can be in the the DB at the same time, they are able to open the DB but when it gets to 4 users on at the same time the any one who opens it after that is able to but the subform containing the data fromthe linked table turns white and shows no data.

The DB itself is very simple the users simply see a list of their clients and the associated debts, its the debts that are the linked table.

Would anyone know if there is a restriction on the numberr of users that can work on a DB at any given time, that uses data linked to an Excel workbook.........as always any help is much appreciated...cheers Fi

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:40
The theoretical maximum number of users for an Access database is 255 although the practical limit is closer to 25. The problem is most likely with the shared .xls file.

Chaz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:40
Apologies of digging up an old thread but is it possible to have an excel document 'read' figures from Access 2007 (query and/or report)?

Saul

Local time
Today, 10:40
Hi,
I want to link to an Excel file from Access. Do I need to convert the file to a table first, or I can link the file directly?

Thanks

bluetongue

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:40
Perhaps you could try making the Excel workbook a shared workbook.

Bob

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:40
Saul,

I want to link to an Excel file from Access. Do I need to convert the file to a table first, or I can link the file directly?

You can link directly.

For questions please start a new thread. This way others can better make use of all questions and answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom