Link form adding new records-links one by one? (1 Viewer)

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:03
Hello experts

I want to create some Link form and then inside I want to have subform where I will add links.

I want to manage
with button add link to add links one by one to the subform.

and with button delete ( if user will make mistake) I want to delete the selected record.

I manage to create something but I get stuck, is not what I want..is adding me all the time the same link, like copy function, I want to add every time the link who is selected from the folder and not adding the same link all the time

hmmmm
Is that possible? What I have to do? Or if someone has better sample to show me?

thank you

Attachments

• Database17.accdb
    1.2 MB · Views: 51

XPS35

Local time
I don't understand what the point is. If you are talking about a subform, then I expect that there are at least two tables in your database. However, I only see one. So you will have to explain yourself in more detail.

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Hi
I am sorry I wrote wrong.
I am talking about normal form.
I wanted to say that I then also created a form in datasheet view- to add records-links ( becouse that i get confused with subform)
I am sorry.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:03
Are you saying that you have external data in a file of some type like a .csv or .xlsx and you want to link to that file and then view that linked table using a continuous form and then have the user pick one at a time which records to append to the permanent table?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I guess I should have looked at the database first. I am even more confused.

Instead of trying to explain the solution you want, please tell us the business process you are trying to implement. Just tell us what your user wants to do without offering us a "solution".

XPS35

Local time
I'm afraid this explanation doesn't really help. I see you have a main form linked to the tblDocCertKolone table. You do not show any data on the main form, but there is a filter ([KID]=1). You will therefore only see one record on the sub form.
In fact, you only need one form to enter data: your current subform.

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Yes I need only one form. the form that is in spreadsheet view.

My goal is:

I want that user will be able to append some links in the form. I imagine that form to be created in spreadsheet view.

The links that user will append most of the time will be in pdf format someties can be or word or excel.

I then created 2 buttons more. One to view the appended link and another button, delete button so the user can delete the entire record if he make mistake and want to insert again new link.

All that is needed becouse user will create some ID...and then he will append some documents. That documents becouse of the size will be shown as links.

I hope I now explain it better. 🤔

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Use a text field to hold the links rather than a field defined as hyperlink.

The user can copy the link and paste it into the text control.

You can format the control so it looks like a hyperlink but you have to use the double click event to activate the hyperlink. In the double click event, use the FollowHyperlink method. This method works on ANY type of link where Windows recognizes the file extension and therefore knows what program to open to display the data.

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Pat
Ok good idea. I didnt think about that way.

Use a text field to hold the links rather than a field defined as hyperlink.
I will try your recomendation to see what I will managed and how is working my idea.

Thank you very much again
PS: You are saving me all the time from my problems :) 🤗

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You're welcome. Half the battle is knowing what is available. One thing that helped me early on is keeping a copy of the VBA function list for Access handy. Find the list by category. Using an alpha list is not helpful if you don't know the name of the function you want. The category list groups them so you can easily find the date or string or financial function you need and don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom