Link MsAccess Tables (Back End) to MsAccess (Front End Application) Programmatically (1 Viewer)

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:38
Hi All :cool:

Can anybody tell me how to link Ms Access Tables (Back End) to Ms Access (Front End) another database, programmatically?

My situation is, I have all the tables in a Back-End database which I protected with a database password for security reason so no one can see or link the tables without giving correct password.

I linked those tables to another database which have only forms and queries, a login form is provided to the users to login with their username and password to work in.

My problem is whenever user entered to the database it is asking the database password. How can I link my back-end database tables to the front end application programmatically with database password saved in the connection string.

Best Regards,

Khalid

HiTechCoach

Local time
Yesterday, 19:38
I normally delete all the linked tables. Add the password to the back end. hen manually link all the tables and store the password.

Are you deleting the linked tables and relinking them ever time you app opens and closes?

Maybe this will help:
Relink Access tables from code

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 10:38
So are you been asked for two passwords.

IMHO Once you create a Link to a password protected database the password is saved automatically.

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Dear RainLover,

Thanks, I deleted all the links from my FrontEnd Application, protect my Back-End database with password and re-linked my FrontEnd Application with the the Back-End Database.

It works... :)

Thank you for the help.

Khalid

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Boyd Trimmell,

Thanks, I deleted all the links from my FrontEnd Application, protect my Back-End database with password and re-linked my FrontEnd Application with the the Back-End Database.

It works... :)

Thank you for the help.

Khalid

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 10:38
It appears that you created the link before creating the Password.

Good to see you solved the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom