Linked table security problem... (1 Viewer)

Mitch_____W

Mitch
Local time
Today, 06:18
I have a database which I have secured that about 15 users have specific permissions. One of my users has another database they use and one of the queries they use is linked to another database on a different server which is secured as well (via a different workgroup file).

After I secured my database, I had to go around to each individual user's computers and join the workgroup file which I created for this database. Now these users have to login with their user name and password each time they open ANY access database (including this database that has the linked query in it).

The problem is that when the user tries to make design changes to that linked query, she is prompted with a "You don't have permissions to do this" message box".

I gave her every permission possible and added her to every group and she still is not able to make design changes to the query. So for now, I manually joined her computer to the workgroup file associated with the linked table database. But now she has no permissions for my database...

Is there any way to be joined to 2 workgroup files at the same time or is there another way to achieve the multiple database permission scenario I am seeking.

By the way I haven't a clue who designed the linked table database and probably cannot get access to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom