Linking & visualising relationships between records within a table (1 Viewer)

Rich99

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:44
Thanks, I'll have a play!

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I think jdraw's output is pretty slick.

As I say, the difficulty is really presenting such an output in a visual form within a limited screen or report space.

If you have a family tree - eg, the kings and queens of England - it's a very difficult presentation exercise.

Rich99

Registered User.
Local time
I agree - within the confines of what access can do, it's very neat. I was hoping for something that could provide graphical output (like family tree software does), but such a tool doesn't seem to exist!! Excel does have an inquire addin that does this, but it's not customisable enough.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I agree - within the confines of what access can do, it's very neat. I was hoping for something that could provide graphical output (like family tree software does), but such a tool doesn't seem to exist!! Excel does have an inquire addin that does this, but it's not customisable enough.

well access certainly has the tools to draw a tree (hierarchy) , but I imagine this is something that family tree software designers have spent a lot of development time on. Given the same input, I am pretty sure access could do similar things.

It might be worth looking at GANTT chart design for ways to manipulate line drawing. There is a new example just posted either on here or on UA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom