LinkMasterFields Setting Error (Subform inside subform) (1 Viewer)

O

o2bnme

I have been spinning my wheels with this for a week now. I've tried doing searches on this as well, but really haven't had much luck with it. I'm an infant MSAccess programmer who does this sort of thing for friends and family.

My databases are getting fancier though, and as a result I have what co-workers are calling an interesting problem. I hope someone here thinks it is simple. :)

The error message looks like so...

LINKMASTERFIELDS Setting
A problem occured while {insertdbnamehere} was communicating with the OLE Server or ActiveX Control.

The error message pops up right after I start to add a new record in a subform's subform. Editing records does not cause the problem.

I have determined that it is a problem with the master/child linkage.

My workaround doesn't get rid of the error message, but at least I can create a new record in the sub-sub-form. I put an expression in the DefaultValue property field for the child field setting it equal to the master field.

So, I figure the database is telling me that the master/child field relationship is broken and by setting it a split second after the error message pops up I solve the problem.

So, I have master/child fields set (the field is the transaction_key field) already in case anyone was about to ask that.

Anyone experience this one?

Thanks in advance...

Bill

O

o2bnme

Well, I really didn't expect to get an answer to this. The error message didn't really explain the problem.

After posting, I kept futzing. Eventually I realized that many functions weren't working.

I recreated the subform and that did it. I utilized the same sub-subform that was there before.

My guess is I had a corrupt subform.

I hope this helps others...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom