Live Forex ticker HTML code (1 Viewer)

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:44
Hi,

does anyone perhaps have the HTML code to display live Forex rate on a ticker tape format on a form?

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
i am looking for the ticker tape format, can not find anything on the web.
I dont want to display a complete web page

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:44
an alternative would be a running label.
the Timer would update the label from the fore site.

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
could you explain how to use the running label please?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:44
Gismo

Four choices for you
1. Gasman has already pointed you to my scrolling marquee text which will get the effect you want.
As for the data, you will need to find a site which gives an XML or JSON output which you can then import and parse to update your display at set intervals of your choice.

2. The alternative of using a web browser control has the advantage of being updated automatically. So if you can find a suitable forex ticker site, just use that.

3. If you have a website you can add your own forex ticker widget. See https://www.realtimeforex.com/widgets/forex-web-ticker/
You would then use your webpage in the web browser control.

4. For a completely different approach look at my free Currency Exchange Rate Tracker app available from http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/cert/4594365453

HTH

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
unfortunately non of the codes I copy from any website gives me an "(" error which seems to be required before the <script statement

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
unfortunately non of the codes I copy from any website gives me an "(" error which seems to be required before the <script statement

Sorry but that doesn't make sense. None of the codes give an error?

What codes are you copying and from where?
Which method from those suggested previously are you trying to do?
Which have you tried and rejected?

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
I googled live forex ticker websites, quite a few with codes to be copies, as the ttps://www.realtimeforex.com/widgets/forex-web-ticker/ which you supplied.
not familiar with the scrolling marquee so i dumped that on for now. so currently I am looking at the web browser option. Your website is not quite what i am looking for. i would like to just have the running bar if possible but keep in getting the bracket error

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I googled live forex ticker websites, quite a few with codes to be copies, as the ttps://www.realtimeforex.com/widgets/forex-web-ticker/ which you supplied.
not familiar with the scrolling marquee so i dumped that on for now. so currently I am looking at the web browser option. Your website is not quite what i am looking for. i would like to just have the running bar if possible but keep in getting the bracket error

I've now looked into this idea properly.
I also had problems with the HTML script from the realtimeforex.com link I supplied in post #7.
However, I found another site that worked perfectly: https://www.exchangerates.org.uk/webmasters/live-currency-rates-ticker.html

That ticker is more customisable in terms of width, speed & colours. It also indicates up/down trends:

The site also has other types of live currency widget scripts including a working forex example - but I prefer this one

The HTML script used for this is:
<iframe src="//www.exchangerates.org.uk/widget/ER-LRTICKER.php?w=600&s=2&mc=GBP&mbg=F0F0F0&bs=yes&bc=000044&f=verdana&fs=10px&fc=000044&lc=000044&lhc=FE9A00&vc=FE9A00&vcu=008000&vcd=FF0000&" width="600" height="30" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"></iframe>

You can see the currency ticker in action (scrolling) on the currency exchange tracker app page on my website: http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/cert/4594365453

Next I decided to make a working application based on this - attached.
This references another temporary page on my website where I've removed all other menu items to keep things simple.
That web page has a live currency rates chart as well as the ticker.

At first I kept getting script errors at startup
To fix that, I had to add a cookie control on that webpage
Click to accept & it will disappear in the usual way.

NOTE: If you still get a script error (possibly two) just click Yes twice

The same principle can be used with other live HTML scripts e.g. share prices / sports results / news updates.
If you can find a suitable script just adapt the widget on the website.

It would be even better to be able to load the HTML script & run it direct in Access without referencing a web page. I haven't looked into this as yet

If this seems useful to others, I'll add it to sample databases later

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,210
  • Currency Ticker LIVE v1.1.zip
    60.4 KB · Views: 203
  • CurrencyRatesLIVE.PNG
    CurrencyRatesLIVE.PNG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,287
Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
One user (Gasman) has reported problems opening the live utility in Access 2007.
If anyone else has issues, try opening in a trusted location, then click past both script errors if these appear before the cookie control & finally click Accept on that.

Alternatively, try first going to the home page of my website (see link below) and click the cookie control on that page.

All feedback appreciated

EDIT: Attached is a short video showing this in use. Its in WMV format

Attachments

• LiveCurrencyTracker.zip
    797.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:44
can you make a sample that actually work, without going to your site.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
can you make a sample that actually work, without going to your site.

Arnel
Well it certainly works but at the moment you have to visit my website
Obviously the site should be altered by anyone doing this.
In any case, I only intend to keep that page active for a short period.

As I wrote before:
It would be even better to be able to load the HTML script & run it direct in Access without referencing a web page. I haven't looked into this as yet

Ideas for achieving that welcomed

EDIT: what did you mean by a 'running label' in post #4

Last edited:

Jane Sandpiper

Local time
Gismo

Four choices for you
1. Gasman has already pointed you to my scrolling marquee text which will get the effect you want.
As for the data, you will need to find a site which gives an XML or JSON output which you can then import and parse to update your display at set intervals of your choice.

2. The alternative of using a web browser control has the advantage of being updated automatically. So if you can find a suitable forex ticker site, just use that.

3. If you have a website you can add your own forex ticker widget. See https://www.realtimeforex.com/widgets/forex-web-ticker/
You would then use your webpage in the web browser control.

4. For a completely different approach look at my free Currency Exchange Rate Tracker app available from http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/cert/4594365453

HTH

Nice
Thanks

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You're welcome … and welcome to AWF.
At some point I will remove that Web page so if you think the idea is useful you should create your own version

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom